Constant busy signals when calling my ooma phone - help!

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
sanvara
Constant busy signals when calling my ooma phone - help!

Post by sanvara » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 pm

I called tech support. I was on hold for 45 minutes but no one answered. I was asked to leave my name and phone number but I haven't received a call back so I am posting here in hopes someone can resolve this so I don't have to return the ooma. I really want it to work!

I just got my ooma yesterday. It installed fine and worked great day one. Then today it started giving me a busy signal or "your call cannot be completed" message when I would call the Ooma phone number, yet I was still able to dial out and check voice messages just fine using the ooma phone. I called the ooma phone number from my regular land line at home (busy signal), cell phone ("your call cannot be completed"), work (busy signal). Yet when I initially installed I repeatedly called the phone number and it worked great.

After I had the busy signal issue I added a second line to see if it was something weird with the first phone number. Well as soon as I added the second line all of a sudden the busy signal went away for the original phone number after having a busy signal all day long, and the second number also worked great.

Both numbers were then able to receive calls, but it was only temporary. A few hours later I started getting the same busy signals, and now on both phone numbers (when I would try to call the numbers.) And again I could dial out and check my voice mail using the ooma phone just fine I just couldn't receive a call, yet it was working fine on two occasions: 1) when I initially activated and 2) when I added a second phone number to my device. Nothing had changed with my internet connection or anything on my end during any of this time.

Help!

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Constant busy signals when calling my ooma phone - help!

Post by Dennis P » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Are you still having this problem today? There was an outage yesterday which would have affected inbound calling. If it is still failing, please note the exact time during which you were placing your test calls and we can look into it.

sanvara

Re: Constant busy signals when calling my ooma phone - help!

Post by sanvara » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:55 pm

I'm still having a problem making inbound calls with my cell phone. When I call my Ooma phone from a landline it receives the call fine now. When I call my Ooma phone from my cell phone I randomly get the following message "Welcome to Verizon wireless, the number you have called has been changed, disconnected or is no longer in service." I tried calling my number four times from my cell phone today. One time it went through and three times it gave me the Verizon disconnected message. The last time I tried was today, Nov 5 at 12:58 PM pacific time.

Any ideas?
Thank you.