Solid Red Light

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Gus_19
Solid Red Light

Post by Gus_19 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Recently replaced Ooma Telo as original one died after about 5 years. Purchased a used one and got the used one activated with original phone number transferred to the used Telo, however I cannot get anything past the solid red light. The sequence is as follows:

1) Power on, light is purple for 1-2 sec
2) Immediately Followed by solid red light

after a few minutes:

1) Red light flashes 19 times
2) Turns purple for 1-2 sec
3) Goes to solid red

I have the Telo connected to my Cisco switch. While monitoring switch in Teraterm, I've noticed the port status go down and immediately switch back to an "up" status. I've tried a different port to make sure they work and verified it is not the port. I haven't found any real instructions on how to reset the Telo as I am guessing for some reason the Telo isn't able to obtain an IP address. When the Cisco switch is showing an "up" status, I've checked the IP assigned and the IP address is blank.

Any suggestions before I consider this used one to be junk and just got buy a brand new one?

geoart

Re: Solid Red Light

Post by geoart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 am

Is the Ooma assigned a static IP already? Have you tried connecting the Home lan port to your switch and access the admin page to see its configuration/status? ..it's here you can factory reset the device and make changes, along with see it's status.