Free second line as a Preferred Customer

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
nychotxxx
Free second line as a Preferred Customer

Post by nychotxxx » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I used live chat with OOMA today to figure out how this works. If my wife is on the phone, I should be able to pickup another phone and make a call. But the tech support dude said I needed to have a Linx (which I have) plugged in and then I can use ANY handset plugged into the Linx to make a call when she's on the line. ANY handset? That doesnt sound right. I hace Vtech phones that don't have phone jacks to plug into the Linx. Can I just choose any old handset I have lying around? Doesn't sound right.

oomamaniacal

Re: Free second line as a Preferred Customer

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:54 pm

The tech may have thought you had a two-line phone system. The Linx would then plug into one of the two phone jacks on the base station.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:29 pm

One call through the Telo phone jack and a second call through the Linx phone jack.
Two independent cordless phone systems or a two line cordless phone system.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

larryk

Post by larryk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am

Murphy is correct.
My telo jack feeds all of my wired phones, and a lynx feeds my cordless phones, and I can use any cordless phone while any wired phone is in use. Very handy...

nychotxxx

Post by nychotxxx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 pm

So I attach any phone to the Linx jack? My telo is in my home office 2nd floor. I can plug the telo anywhere else in the house? And then hook ANY phone into the Linx?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:26 pm

If you have cordless phones, you would need to plug the Linx into the base station. If you are using single-line cordless phones,then you would need two base stations. One would plug into your Telo phone jack and the other base station would plug into the Linx. If you have a two-line cordless phone system, then both the Telo and Linx would plug into the same base station.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

larryk

Post by larryk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:27 am

After reading your description I am so confused...
My setup:
Disconnect your phone company's line to your equipment (usually a plug in the outside box), plug your Telo's phone jack into any of your existing phone jacks in the house (this makes ALL of your inside phone jacks live from Ooma). Plug your wireless phone base into your linx, and your done! (assuming that your linx is already setup)

nychotxxx

Post by nychotxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm

I believe, like me, we are all using cordless (wireless) phones and the telo, so you don't have any need to go into the phone jacks. But that might be the best situation.