Desperate for Replacement Plug - Nothing seems to be right

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
lauriannem
Desperate for Replacement Plug - Nothing seems to be right

Post by lauriannem » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have twice ordered plugs from OOMA and both times they have been sent back by the post office. The post office doesn't seem to know why this is happening and I just can't wait for weeks again. I have been without my system for a month and I use it for work :(

The specs for the OOMA Telo 2 replacement plug are below:

• 5V 2A
• 3.8x1.35mm
• Inside Positive (+) Outside Negative (-)
• Barrel Length 6.9mm

The problem is that every single place I check (including Amazon, Best Buy etc, all places that OOMA says I can buy this plug) do not have the 3.8 x 1.35 mm size. ALL of them are 3.5 x 1.35 mm.

I truly don't want to order from somewhere else and once again be stuck with no phone for weeks because it is incorrect. I even went into a Best Buy and they tried different adapters (the standards I guess) and none worked.

Why would OOMA make a system with an abnormal size plug that no one carries? What am I missing?

If anyone can help direct me to how to find one and get it shipped asap I would be grateful!

Thanks,

Barri

murphy

Re: Desperate for Replacement Plug - Nothing seems to be right

Post by murphy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 am

Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

pttptt

Post by pttptt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:03 pm

I am also looking for a male plug for Telo:

3.8x1.35mm
Inside Positive (+) Outside Negative (-)
Barrel Length 6.9mm

I could not find one yet. Any help is very welcome

DUFFER70

Post by DUFFER70 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:45 pm

If you have a voltmeter and know how to use it, buy a 5V 2A adapter and put the plug from the old adapter on it.
Make damn sure that the inside of the plug is +5v and the outside of the barrel is negative.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:57 pm

The plug going into the Telo is defective but the power supply is Ok? I'd think it would be more likely for the power supply to be bad. Once the plug is connected it shouldn't go bad as it's not typically moved. If it's a bad power supply, a 5V 2A one should be relatively common. As someone mentioned, splice the original cable with the plug (and be sure to observe polarity) to the replacement power supply.