2nd Telo vs Linx, Basic vs Premier

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
LearnOoma
2nd Telo vs Linx, Basic vs Premier

Post by LearnOoma » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:55 am

Good Morning folks. My question has more than one line of inquiry so bear with this, Appreciated.

I need to port my ComCast to Ooma - I have an Ooma Telo already with few handsets - nothing attached to the "telephone out" in my Telo.

1. I like the idea of getting a 2nd Telo for flexibility and being able to move one line elsewhere as needed keeping my personal line separate from what's the main home line. Can I have 2 BASIC telos' on ONE email address/ account?

2. I can add a linx but that would run off the main telo - again tying 2 numbers together to the same hardware, I do not favor that.

3. Can 2 Telo devices be tied together as ONE Premier account - cause by the time I am done paying for 2 basics - I am paying 1 Premier which does allow 2 lines.

So those are my questions - some of my assumptions may not be right. Many thanks for your time.

murphy

Re: 2nd Telo vs Linx, Basic vs Premier

Post by murphy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:41 am

I have two Telos that use the same email address. They are not on the same account because the login ID for an account is the phone number, not the email address.

I have lifetime Premier (no longer available) on each Telo. I got the first one over 10 years ago.

That means I have 4 phone numbers, Each phone number is a separate login. Each Telo has a Linx so I can drive 4 separate phone lines.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx