Installation per Ooma safety guidelines

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Beatfan
Installation per Ooma safety guidelines

Post by Beatfan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:04 pm

I just bought the Ooma Telo Air 2, and installation seemed easy enough, until I came to Page 25 of the Quick Start Guide. The IMPORTANT notification on the bottom of the page made me unplug my device and question how I will "disconnect the phone company's wiring outside of your house." My electrician stopped by, pointed out the phone line coming from the utility pole into the junction box on my roof. But if he disconnects that line, I will suddenly not have DSL Internet service from my provider, AT&T. So, I'm in a Catch 22! I called Ooma tech support and they were not helpful (they said to just "read the manual"). This seems like such a common problem and I'm sure many others have faced this. Otherwise, if Ooma is saying there's "a risk of fire and/or electrical shock" if I don't disconnect AT&T's outside phone line, then Ooma will be useless to install. AT&T runs both phone and Internet service through one line, so I need to keep that important phone line for my Internet to work. Does anyone have a suggestion?

murphy

Re: Installation per Ooma safety guidelines

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Answered in the other thread where you posted the exact same question.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx