How do I use Ooma for two SEPARATE phone lines?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
PavlovsCat
How do I use Ooma for two SEPARATE phone lines?

Post by PavlovsCat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:52 pm

I presently have 2 separate residential phone lines using Vonage that I want to port over to Ooma.

Each existing line is hooked up to a cordless phone system (that is, I have two cordless phone systems, one for each line). I bought the Ooma Telo Air, which I was told handles 2 separate phone lines, but I can see only has 1 outlet for a phone. I've spoke and chatted with Ooma's support and was twice told that my Telo Air device will work fine. Clearly it doesn't. Today, I just got off the phone with a support person who told me that I will need to purchase the Ooma Linx device. I was looking at it and it seems to be a bit different than what I need, which is simply just a second phone outlet.

Can someone please confirm that this IS or IS NOT the correct device? Of course, I don't want to order the wrong device and given the conflicting advice from Ooma support, I want to make sure I have the info correct this time. And if this is not the appropriate device I need, can someone tell me what is the correct device?

Thanks.

murphy

Re: How do I use Ooma for two SEPARATE phone lines?

Post by murphy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:26 pm

To have a second independent line you need a Linx. It connects to the Telo via DECT 6 radio and provides a phone jack for the second line phones.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

PavlovsCat

Re: How do I use Ooma for two SEPARATE phone lines?

Post by PavlovsCat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:06 am

Thanks, Murphy (sorry for the delay in posting my thanks, I didn't receive a notification indicating a reply and just checked back today).