No Internet connection on my Telo: "Something went wrong please try after some time."

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
fourmajor
No Internet connection on my Telo: "Something went wrong please try after some time."

Post by fourmajor » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:53 am

My Ooma is blinking red. I finally hooked up to the Home port of it to get into the admin interface. The Internet port is not getting a DHCP address. The same wall port is working fine plugged into my laptop, and was working fine on the Ooma up until a few weeks ago. When I try to apply any settings changes on the Internet page, or even just hit "Update Device" on that same page, with Connection Type set to automatic, I get " Something went wrong please try after some time."

I haven't seen this error message anywhere else. Any help here?

fourmajor

Re: No Internet connection on my Telo: "Something went wrong please try after some time."

Post by fourmajor » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:53 am

Just to add: I've also performed a factory reset with the same results.

murphy

Re: No Internet connection on my Telo: "Something went wrong please try after some time."

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:21 am

What is the "Wall Port" connected to? If it is a modem you must power cycle the modem, disconnect the battery if it has one, EVERY time you change what is connected to the modem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

fourmajor

Post by fourmajor » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Thanks for your reply, but this isn't the answer. Like I said, my laptop gets a DHCP address when plugged in to the same port.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:27 pm

You didn't answer my question. If the laptop was the first to connect to the modem the modem memorized its MAC address. No other device can connect to the modem because your ISP has programmed the modem to only allow one IP address to be issued. If you want more than one IP address you have to pay extra for it.

Do you have a router between the modem and the wall jacks? If not, get one.

One possible work around is to connect the Telo to the modem and the laptop to the Telo and then configure the Telo to clone the the laptops MAC address. It's on the Internet tab in the Telo. The automatic selection may work. If not use the custom selection and put the laptop's MAC address in the custom boxes.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx