Keep getting RED logo

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
PaulFromHouston
Keep getting RED logo

Post by PaulFromHouston » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 pm

When I first god my Ooma a couple of years ago, I had trouble getting it to work. I don't know why but it would never go blue with the wired Internet, but I got it working using the WiFi module. On occasion, maybe every few months, the logo would go red and I would unplug it and plug it back in and it would work again. But, for a couple of weeks, I just had not been able to get it to go blue. I would unplug it and plug it back in. I tried the wired connection again. No go.

Today, I made the assumption that the page key was some kind of reset function and pressed and held it for a number of seconds. And, after that, it went blue. Maybe just a coincidence since it is actually a page key and not a reset. Then a minute later it went red again. So, still thinking the page button was a reset, I did it again, held the page button for a while and it went blue again. And so far, still working.

Now that I know it is not a reset button, I'm all the more bewildered. What is going on? How can I get it working reliably again? Seems to be okay now but I don't trust it.

Lesline38

Re: Keep getting RED logo

Post by Lesline38 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Help, I purchase my Ooma in 2016 , Had Comcast/ Xfinity internet , it worked very well..I switch internet to AT&T in 2017 it worked very well connected to the internet. 2019 I switch back to Comcast and my ooma has not connected to the internet, it keep blinking red. I call Ooma they said Comcast block there voice over Features and to call Xfinity they will unblocked that features. Comcast/Xfinity had not clue what I was talking about. I am still paying for this and cannot use my ooma ..please help..

murphy

Re: Keep getting RED logo

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Is the Telo connected directly to the Comcast modem? If it is, turn the modem off. If the modem has a battery disconnect it. Turn the Telo off. Wait one minute. Power the modem on, connect the battery, and wait until the modem finishes syncing with Comcast. Power on the Telo.

Why is this necessary?
Comcast programs the modem to lock to the first MAC address it sees after power on to prevent the customer from getting more than one IP address. If you need more than one IP address you have to pay extra for it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx