Telo upgrade

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Smuuth
Telo upgrade

Post by Smuuth » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:07 am

I just bought a new telo to replace the old version. The ooma store website said the transfer of my number and account information would be done seamlessly. When I called the 888-711-6662 number to activate the replacement, she took the activation code and MAC address and said I would get an email when the transfer was complete. I still have not received an email. Hardly seamless.

COMPUTIAC

Re: Telo upgrade

Post by COMPUTIAC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:45 pm

I did the same thing two days ago. I received the email in about three hours.

I was told not to connect the new unit until after I received the email confirmation.

If you want to double check, use the online chat instead of calling.

PapaCraft

Post by PapaCraft » Fri May 01, 2020 6:27 pm

So, for you both who posted... Did you both initiate the replacement of your old Ooma Telo over the phone? Or did you initiate the replacement in a chat or email? I was in a chat and the rep told me to call instead, claimed they could not transfer the old unit to the new unit in a chat.

If it's already not going to be seamless, I hope I'm at least not getting run around from the jump. TIA.

COMPUTIAC

Post by COMPUTIAC » Sun May 03, 2020 3:12 pm

I called first, waited for the email for about an hour and when it didn't show up I used chat.
When I called they hung up on me before I had a chance to ask how long it would take to get the email.

In chat they told me it would take several hours and Not to connect the new unit until I received it.
Two hours later I received the email, connected the new unit and all was fine.