Issue with wifi adapter setup

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
apercele79
Issue with wifi adapter setup

Post by apercele79 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Trying to install my wifi adapter but I get stuck right at the beginning at setup.ooma.com

I attached a pic where it shows my username and password already filled in, but I cant log in. I know for a fact the credentials are correct, what am I doing wrong? I've tried with my wifi on/off, reset the TELO etc. Tried on my PC and laptop, on chrome, edge, internet explorer, mozilla lol
Attachments
Ooma screen.jpg
Ooma screen.jpg (114.38KiB)Viewed 24094 times

murphy

Re: Issue with wifi adapter setup

Post by murphy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Connect a computer to the Home jack of the Telo. If the computer has WiFi capability, disable it.
Connect to 172.27.35.1. No password is needed to connect.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

apercele79

Post by apercele79 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:11 am

Still doesnt work, what a pain this is. I’ll just keep it as wired to be honest

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 am

I ran into this as well, but my Telo is behind my router and thus on my local network, and I had enabled logins from the LAN - I was able to log in that way, where I couldn't from the Home port. (I had previously set a password and am sure I typed it correctly.)

For me, the biggest annoyance was that I was changing my home network configuration so that an Ethernet line was no longer handy for the Telo. No problem, I thought, I'll just order the Ooma wireless adapter. What's this? Ooma stopped selling it and wants me to buy a Telo Air instead?! (Having bought a Telo 2 in the last year, I was not thrilled with this.)

Ooma support was useless, telling me I could use just any USB WiFi adapter, which I knew was false. Luckily, I found an independent seller on Amazon who had a stock of these and bought one. Once I got past the login issue, it worked.
Steve