Ready to throw in the towel

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
charking
Ready to throw in the towel

Post by charking » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 am

I bought the Ooma Air because the router is 2 rooms away from where I will have the phone setup.
First I tried to download the Google App for Androids to my cell phone. It did not work, said it needed more memory, I deleted dozens of things, I do not have movies or music, only about 30 photos and one game. So it went down to 106 needed. tried again not enough memory, this time I tried to delete the game, the memory requirement went up instead of down.

So tried the Ethernet to the laptop and plugged into the home port. Well that was ok, till when I disabled the Wifi as instructed, I was not able to access setup.ooma.com so unplug the phone, says, can't access this router, unknown device. I have 6 possible access numbers of CL and none of them will allow the Ooma to connect. I even talked to CL last night and they could not help me, but then they did not like Ooma when I would not use their service.

I downloaded the set up on my husbands cell phone, no problems.
Opened the program and it wanted me to activate, I was able to do all the activation and got my number on line etc. and thought I was home free till it asked for the setup mobile app. I have already given the phone number out and if I have to reactivate the system it will be even more of a challenge. It only gives me the options on the phone app. of New user so when it opens, it wants everything again, credit card, and select phone number, I already did this and have confirmation from Ooma. I guess I am really download and install challenged. Sorry.

I had the activation done, just tried to set up the phone and that's where I ran into trouble.. Any and all suggestions will be gratefully accepted, so far I have never seen anything on the device but a red blinking light. Thank you so much. :cry:

murphy

Re: Ready to throw in the towel

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

To connect to the configuration pages that are inside of the Telo:
Connect a computer via a cable to the Home jack of the Telo.
If the computer has wireless capability, disable it.
Connect to http://172.27.35.1 (This is the actual IP address that setup.ooma.com is supposed to go to)
This is where wireless configuration for the Telo can be done.

How old is the phone that doesn't have enough memory?
Does it have the capability to insert a memory card to increase the memory?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

charking

Post by charking » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks, the phone is about 3 yrs. old. as for the computer connection when I attach the cable that came with the phone, * Ethernet * it immediately stops my connection to the internet with CL but even if it didn't, disabling the " WiFi " it can't connect to the IP address since its the wireless modem and I can't get on line when its disabled, either by plugging in the cord into the Home position or by disabling the Wifi on the laptop. Again, thanks, that's my problem, I just cant do one without causing a problem with another aspect of trying to connect. :)

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:15 am

You do not need to be online to connect to the Home jack. Make sure you are using a LAN cable and not a phone cable. A LAN cable has an 8 pin plug. A phone cable has a 4 pin plug.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx