Motorola Wifi Not Connect Ooma Service but via ethernet does

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Accountant3182
Motorola Wifi Not Connect Ooma Service but via ethernet does

Post by Accountant3182 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:41 pm

I have a Motorola modem from 2017 that is also a router/wifi router.

My new Telo Air 2 will connect with Wifi to the Device, but will not connect to the Ooma Network. Mind you for the past three years this has not been a problem with the same set up and there has been no change that I'm aware of to our internet service or devices.
If I plug in via ethernet to the Motorola Router, the Telo Air 2 will connect to the Ooma network.
If I connect the Telo Air 2 my cell phone hotspot or a wifi network at my work, it connects to the Ooma network.
If I attached a different WiFi router to the Motorola modem/router, then use that to connect to the Telo Air 2, it will connect to the Ooma network.
Thinking from all of this trouble shooting that it might be the wifi on the modem/router, I bought a brand new Motorola Modem/Router and all the above results are the exact same.

So it all points to there being some problem with a Motorola device allowing the Telo Air 2 to connect via Wifi to the Ooma network...which makes no sense that this would be a problem, but that is all I can think of at this point.

Motorola says that Wifi vs ethernet would have the same firewall settings, so should connect to the service just the same. Please help!!!