Upgrading from old Ooma HUB to new Telo2

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
omandave
Upgrading from old Ooma HUB to new Telo2

Post by omandave » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 am

Hi all.
I just got a new Telo to replace my Hub. I searched the forums to learn that to do the upgrade I had to call the customer service number and that they would make the magic happen.

I did so and was told that first I needed to activate my Telo, and THEN call customer service and they would transfer the old Hub number over to the New Telo.

So incase anyone else needs to the "new" process for upgrading from a Hub... You have activate the New Telo first. Then you call customer Service at 1-888-711-6662 and request them to move your existing "Hub number" over to the new Telo. They asked me to provide the Telo activation code to complete the process. and Now I wait for up to 24 hours for the account transfer (Extremely similar to porting your old number to your Ooma account) to finish.

Anyway... just providing an FYI.
Cheers Yall :D
Customer Since: 1/30/10
Hardware: Hub with 1 Scout
Service: basic
Packet 8 Port: 1/30/10 to 2/8/10
Internet: 20 Mbps / 4 Mbps
Setup: SB6120 / Router / Hub

biospot

Re: Upgrading from old Ooma HUB to new Telo2

Post by biospot » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 pm

So, did you need to agree to pay the monthly service charges? Or are you going to be grandfathered in to keep the free phone using the Telo? Curious what you did about that part..

Cool to have the new phone at least...

Biospot

mikylajoy

Post by mikylajoy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:18 am

Should not be new service charges - other than the tax thing. Isn't that right?

mikylajoy

Post by mikylajoy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:19 am

Thanks for the information.

Wondering why you "upgraded". I have a rather old Telo - and lights not working on mine and somewhat quirky but it works. Wondering about upgrading - and whether it will work better.

alternety

Post by alternety » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:26 pm

I believe that if you remove the Ooma Hub, it will remove the existing lifetime free arrangement. New device/new costs.