Telo air won't stay set up

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
dochawk
Telo air won't stay set up

Post by dochawk » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:48 pm

I picked up a tell air for my warda month and a half ago.

It got partway through installation, and failed with a red light.

After a *lonnnng* wait, I got put through to what was apparently an Indian call center, with a person with a thick accent with serious trouble understanding american English. (to the point that I was telling him, "I already told you that I did that eight times."). He also couldn't keep his place in the script, and kept falling back, a few paragraphs.

The next day, it worked. The following, it didn't.

I took it back to my house and set it up without event. I brought it back here, and it briefly worked. Then went out for two days. Then worked again for a few minutes. My wife told me, and I went to it and it wasn't working again.

When given power, it has a light purple light for roughy a second, and goes straight to solid red. No blinking in the meantime. It generally stays on that, although apparently it occasionally comes online briefly, as my wife got a dial tone.

It's ethernet socket wired directly to the sole ethernet socket of a mimosa adapter (for wireless internet, with Triad wireless).

It has steadily refused to connect to wifi at all distances from next to the mimosa to about 20 feet.

The handset generally displays a "no vpn" message.

If I try to use it, I get a busy beeping instead of a dial tone.

If anyone on the whitelist calls, they get an "unable to answer" and offer to leave a voice mail.

The setup app sometimes shows ethernet as connected, and sometimes as disconnected. It immediately goes to a long spinning icon labeled "retrieving status". It no=ever shows Ooa Phone serve as online.

I'm at a loss as to what to do here.