Ooma Base Hub Died Replacement Horrors

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
rlanza1054
Ooma Base Hub Died Replacement Horrors

Post by rlanza1054 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:26 am

Hi,

I can't say how many years I have been with Ooma. I don''t plan on leaving anytime unless forced to.

My Ooma Base Unit Hub died. (This is my 3rd Hub). i started with the 2nd Black version. Then upgraded to the new White version and lost Bluetooth function (their dongle Bluetooth only no longer works with new White unit. I can live with that).

But my White Hub died on Monday and I ordered a new White Hub from Amazon that night. It got delivered Tuesday morning. I called Support and they told me to go to the Activation Page and enter the Activation Code. (Everyone here says that is a No No). So I do what I am instructed to do on the Activation Page. if forces me to take a new phone number.

The agent says to wait 24 hours and everything will switch over.

The next morning I try calling out and a my phone call goes through. I figured it was all good and I run to Dialysis. But when I get home and logon to the Dashboard I discovered that nothing was moved over.

I call the next day and spend another hour with the agent. At first she tells me that nothing was in the system as a work order.

After that hour she said I need to wait another 24 to 48 hours.

I don't need nor want this new phone number. I want my two phone numbers that I have had for over 60 years.

There should be an automated way to replace a dead hub that is out of warranty and I can use a new hub ordered through Amazon or whomever you wish to purchase from.

Does anyone know how to resolve my issue? Is there a way to escalate a ticket.

Question: How many departments are involved in switching phone numbers to a different hub or what I think ended up happening is a new account.

How do we get them to merge the accounts. I don't need new phone numbers.

I really am freaking out.

Thank you.

Rob