Linx install questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
cambridge
Linx install questions

Post by cambridge » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:12 am

I have telo set up with a phone plugged into the telephone port. I want to use multiple phones so I bought a Linx. Does each phone need its own Linx so that I need a Linx connected with a telephone cable in every room? Is the telephone cable to the Telo no longer needed once a Linx is installed? Somehow I thought this all worked wirelessly. What are the possible configurations? Can someone give me a diagram or explain?

Robek

Re: Linx install questions

Post by Robek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:54 pm

Conventional landline telephones (and third-party base stations for "cordless" handsets) require a telephone cable, and a jack to plug into. The Telo offers one phone jack for one wired phone, and each Linx offers another phone jack, for additional wired phones. The Linx connects wirelessly to the Telo.

Or, Ooma handsets, such as the HD3 can also connect wirelessly to the Telo. They do not require a Linx. Each Telo can support connections for up to four wireless Ooma devices, (Linx, HD3, etc.). The Telo does not support wireless connections to third party handsets.

Or, the Telo can also leverage any pre-existing in-home wiring, where one line connects phone jacks in multiple rooms; the Telo plugs into one jack, while "extension" phones can plug into the other jacks. Be sure to disconnect any external voltage from any internal wiring first, to avoid damage to the Telo.