Outgoing Caller ID

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
realsol
Outgoing Caller ID

Post by realsol » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm

I setup 2 lines, 1 hub and 1 scout. Assigned CallerID on both and turned them on in the privacy tab. I have a few questions.

1. When calling out from either the hub or the scout, I have to specify **0 or **1 to get caller id to display, although don't have any privacy setup, as far I as can tell. I assumed that since line 2 is setup as a personal number on my scout, that this would have been automatic. And since i don't have privacy setup for my hub, it too would have been automatic. What am I missing?

2. After setting up my lines, I can't figure where to change my callerid for outgoing calls (the text). Is this not possible to change once the line has been setup?

Thanks.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Outgoing Caller ID

Post by Dennis P » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 pm

1. If you want your caller-id to be displayed when you call out, you need to set the option "Block display of your phone number" to No. You currently have it set to Yes. This might be confusing because of the double negative...

2. Changing your caller name after the initial setup currently needs to be done by calling customer service. Because we are charged to update the databases that we interface to, there is a one-time fee to update the name.

realsol

Post by realsol » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Thanks. I had post my numbers set wrong for CallerID. Misread it. Hopefully that will do the trick.

realsol

Post by realsol » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Just test the callerID by calling my sister. She says it says 'Ooma, Inc.' and my phone number rather than 'My Name' and my phone number. While I don't mind Advertising Ooma I don't want people to think that I am a sales call. Otherwise, I won't be able to call during dinner :)

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 pm

It takes about 3-5 business days for the caller name changes to flow through to the databases of other carriers, but rest assured, it won't say ooma Inc forever. :)

shammi

Post by shammi » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 pm

On outgoing calls caller id displays "unkown". Why doesn't my name appear?
I just activated ooma today and am in the process of porting my landline number and am using a temporary number that was given to me until porting is complete. Would my name appear when the landline number is ported?