new user 2 questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
legendsguy
new user 2 questions

Post by legendsguy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:02 pm

1) I got the hub hooked up. Everything working. I pick up the phone and I get the ooma dial tone. Twice now this evening the red ooma light will start blinking. It seems to have something to do with what I'm doing on the computer/internet. I unplug ooma, plug it back in and the light will go back to blue. Advice?

2) At the present time, I am not going to port my number. Att/dsl complications. If I'm not porting a number do I get a generic number assigned by ooma? How do I get calls to come in via ooma? Thanks.

Doug

legendsguy

Re: new user 2 questions

Post by legendsguy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Wow...22 view and no responses.

atici

Post by atici » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Did you read the manual?

1) It sounds like your network connection dropped. Were there any other lights on the ooma device that lit up? You'll need to refer to the manual to troubleshoot based on which lights are red on the device.
2) Did you activate your device? (If not this would explain the problems with Q1 too) During those steps you also pick a phone number. Then calls to that number are received by ooma.

legendsguy

Post by legendsguy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Thank you for the reply. I haven't had any more problems with the unit since I installed it last night. It was fine all day today.

As far as the number. I did activate it but I just used my normal office landline number for which at some point I will port. Maybe I did it wrong.