OOMA HELP ME PLEASE

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
mnarcticcat
OOMA HELP ME PLEASE

Post by mnarcticcat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: OOMA HELP ME PLEASE

Post by Dennis P » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am

Your setup sounds correct. Basically you have Ethernet going from your router to the MODEM port of the ooma Hub and your cordless phone base station plugged into the PHONE port. If you power cycle the ooma Hub, some of the keypad buttons should light up if there is an error. Can you post exactly which buttons are on? If no lights are lit up, but the ooma Tab is blinking red, press down on the tab and some of the keys should light up.

I checked our server logs for your device and don't see anything, so the ooma Hub is probably unable to make a connection to the Internet. Can you verify a few things:

- Check that the link light is green on the ooma Hub MODEM port (lower left corner of the connector)
- If you have a laptop, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the ooma Hub and plug it into your laptop. See if you can access the Internet from that connection
- Connect your router and ooma Hub again with the Ethernet cable. Plug a laptop into the HOME port of the ooma Hub. Pull up a web browser and go to http://setup.ooma.com. Take a screenshot of the status page.
- Do you have other computers connected to the router? Wired or wireless? Do you know if they are setup for DHCP or static IP addressing?

Note, your system is configured as a landline system, so it won't go completely into service until you plug your digital voice line into it. But since I don't see the device on our network yet, we should address that issue first.