Using OOMA with Wired Phones and existing vm from Panasonic

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
southsound
Re: Using OOMA with Wired Phones and existing vm from Panasonic

Post by southsound » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:02 am

What you need to purchase is the ooma core system - it is the package that contains the hub and the scout. Also avoid places like eBay or the non-authrized dealers you might find on the Internet. Some good choices are Amazon (buy directly from them for free shipping and an assurance of authorized status), Costco.com (don't buy the hub only that is sold in some stores - go online), Frys, Newegg, Dell.com and others. These packages with the hub/scout all come with the original core features free. They include voicemail and full caller ID with number and name.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

atomarchio

Post by atomarchio » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 am

Is it possible to wall mount the OOMA HUB or Scout on a standard telephone wall jack? Assuming we would access our voicemail with this, I would like to mount it at the same location where I have the base to the Panasonic Handset?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 pm

atomarchio wrote:Is it possible to wall mount the OOMA HUB or Scout on a standard telephone wall jack? Assuming we would access our voicemail with this, I would like to mount it at the same location where I have the base to the Panasonic Handset?
Users have wall mounted them but not on a standard telephone jack. They don't have holes for that purpose.

atomarchio

Post by atomarchio » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:49 pm

If I buy the OOMA Core from Amazon, will I be charged $11 per year after the first year?

Please clarify. Thanks.