Listening to Messages thru Phone and wireless Scout

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
RickCosgrove
Listening to Messages thru Phone and wireless Scout

Post by RickCosgrove » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:11 am

I have two questions.

I have a phone which shows me when there is a new message on ooma. Is there a way to listen to it from the phone without using the hub? On my wired phone system I would dial #98 to get into my voicemail. I am trying to use the phone on the first floor while leaving the scout on the second floor.

Is there a way to connect the scout to the hub wirelessly? Optimal would be using my wifi setup.

Carfixer64

Re: Listening to Messages thru Phone and wireless Scout

Post by Carfixer64 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey, i like your question about a wireless scout !!!

I notice the ooma hub has a USB port on the back of it. I have no idea what it is for , but it would be handy to know.

I did try my scout with one of those units that are wireless and you plug them into you power outlet. ( they come as a pair )

RCA and other companies make them for phone, your satellite TV etc, but it didn't work for me.

I don't know if they are duds or it just doesn't work with ooma. I should try just 2 normal phone to be sure.

Has anyone else dabbled with this ?

Clifftr

Re: Listening to Messages thru Phone and wireless Scout

Post by Clifftr » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:59 pm

I have two questions.
I have a phone which shows me when there is a new message on ooma. Is there a way to listen to it from the phone without using the hub? On my wired phone system I would dial #98 to get into my voicemail. I am trying to use the phone on the first floor while leaving the scout on the second floor.
Is there a way to connect the scout to the hub wirelessly? Optimal would be using my wifi setup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answer to your 1st queston -
To listen to your voicemail at home from any phone that is tied into with your ooma phone system - simply dial your ooma phone number.
Away from home, "call your home phone number. When you hear your outgoing greeting play, press the * key on the phone and the system will ask for your PIN then guide you through message retrieval."

I would also recommend you read through this ooma Knowledgebase article -
http://cp-ooma.talismaonline.com/al/126 ... 9278529&s=