Help with Installation- New User

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
venkyanu
Help with Installation- New User

Post by venkyanu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:59 pm

I recently bought this Ooma and I connected the phone with it , it worked perfectly. Now I need phone connection on the other rooms. How do I connect to other rooms?

I have the ATT DSL connection with no phone line. My internet connection is coming with the phone line and I need to plug in that port for internet connection ( otherwise my modem doesnt work). How do I use the home network to connect the phone lines to other rooms. All the other rooms have phone jacks built.

Help me please!!!

Clifftr

Re: Help with Installation- New User

Post by Clifftr » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Your ooma service comes with a free 60 day ooma Premiere trial. Read what all comes in this package here - https://www.ooma.com/learn/ooma_premier.php
If you don't pay the $99 per year to continue these additional features, ooma will automatically discontinue them for you. Part of the ooma Premier package is the 'Instant Second Line' when you plug in the ooma scout into one of your free wall jacks. (I assume you ooma system came with the ooma hub, and an ooma scout.)
So if you want a phone that is plugged into any on your existing phone wall jacks to work, you'll need an ooma scout between your phone and wall jack. That means an ooma scout for each wall jack. A way around this is to use a wireless phone system that supports as many phones as you need in the house.
You can also use 2 different wireless phone systems, one connected to the ooma hub, and one connected to the ooma scout. This is a great setup for the instant second line feature. Keep in mind that both wireless phone systems will continue to work as a single line under the ooma basic (free) package.

Hope some of this info is helpful . . .