Blue Light Flashing - I'm Missing Something...

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
wahmie
Re: Blue Light Flashing - I'm Missing Something...

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:15 pm

WayneDsr wrote:Blue blinking light means there is no connection to the network.
Connect a pc or laptop to the HOME/NETWORK connection on the Telo. Reboot the pc/laptop to obtain an ip from the Telo.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com
Go to the STATUS page. Does it show an ip here: MODEM: Connected (or not connected) (ip address)
If you don't see an ip address your router is not giving the Telo an ip address to connect.

Wayne
Done as suggested. Ooma setup info:
MODEM Connected - with ip address 192.168.0.10
HOME: Connected: with ip address

Home page shows:
Internet Connected, Ooma core: Detecting, Phone Line: no phone lines detected (I didn't hook up my phone lines - hoping to get all the ooma downloads first) as suggested in a previous post.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Wow, you are missing something small, because everything looks ok up to this point.
I know this is a stupid question, but you did register the Telo online with the proper number from the bottom of the unit?
(activation Code)

What kind of router do you have? Could the firewall be blocking a port to ooma?

Wayne

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:34 pm

wahmie wrote: Done as suggested. Ooma setup info:

Home page shows:
Internet Connected, Ooma core: Detecting, Phone Line: no phone lines detected (I didn't hook up my phone lines - hoping to get all the ooma downloads first) as suggested in a previous post.
The router is assigning an IP to the Telo as it should, but the Telo is not communicating with Ooma's servers. If you can, put 192.168.0.10 into the router's DMZ and reboot the router and then the Telo.

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 pm

WayneDsr wrote:Wow, you are missing something small, because everything looks ok up to this point.
I know this is a stupid question, but you did register the Telo online with the proper number from the bottom of the unit?
(activation Code)

What kind of router do you have? Could the firewall be blocking a port to ooma?

Wayne
I recall getting a confirmation that the unit was properly registered when I initiated the process last week.

I have a netgear pro-safe 16 port switch. I have a motorola sbg900 wireless modem.

Blue light is still blinking - 2.5 hours since the last reboot.

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Groundhound wrote:
wahmie wrote: Done as suggested. Ooma setup info:

Home page shows:
The router is assigning an IP to the Telo as it should, but the Telo is not communicating with Ooma's servers. If you can, put 192.168.0.10 into the router's DMZ and reboot the router and then the Telo.
Done... Results...
Ooma rebooted automatically when router rebooted.
Ooma setup showed internet was conected; and Ooma core showed Connecting
Then ooma logo went out. No longer lit; Ooma set-up displays frames page, but IE cannot display web page in the body. No other pages load.
I rebooted ooma - blue row is lit steady (rewind, stop, play, ff); logo is not lit.
Ooma setup page remains at IE cannot display the page.

wahmie

Post by wahmie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm now up and running but using the DMZ. I have a solid blue light. all buttons are lit.
Setup shows ooma core is connected. I clicked the light button and lights went out.

Looks like I'm up and running now. Is it safe to switch off the DMZ?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:06 am

wahmie wrote:I'm now up and running but using the DMZ. I have a solid blue light. all buttons are lit.
Setup shows ooma core is connected. I clicked the light button and lights went out.

Looks like I'm up and running now. Is it safe to switch off the DMZ?
I'd leave it. There's no security risk to the Ooma Telo to have it in the DMZ.

jk81

Post by jk81 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

I am having the exact same issues.

I tried the factory reset as well

I am unable, however, to put in that DMZ address.

My modem says connected 192.168.0.14 and my home also says connected with IP address. The Ooma tunnel does say disconnected- not sure what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

suave4ever

Post by suave4ever » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I could be wrong, but make sure you have a dsl filter on the phone jack as instructed in the setup. I believe that this may have something to do with the blue flashing light. I finally have my Ooma working! Yesterday I had ooma directly connected to the computer and modem (router not connected) without the dsl filter (didn't think I needed it despite the instructions), kept getting that blue flashing (boy was it irritating). Today, I found the dsl filter hooked it up, it started flashing blue, then the bottom row alternating flashing (i unplugged the power 2x, but it came back on the the bottom row flashing). I left it alone to go get dinner, came back and the RED light was flashing and a couple others, it took a long time to change as I hoped so eventually I had to power it off and TIGHTED my connections to the telo, connected it between my modem and router and it booted back up to all blue lights and a message! YAYYYY! I'm in business now!

Just wanted to post this just in case this might help someone. If your frustrated to where you might take Ooma back to the store like I was, you'll try anything...

BTW. Thanks to all the ppl who gave advice in this post, it helped me to look for checkpoints, possibly could be the reason that I did get this working. Ok, I'm done. Good luck! :D

gregnuj

Post by gregnuj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Did you activate your equipment via the ooma website?