OOMA TELO HANDSET

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
lewienmax
Re: OOMA TELO HANDSET

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 am

I have no problems with the ATT phone system that I have connected to the TELO. It is only the handsets.

If this is a bad TELO...I am past the 30 day window for Best Buy...How would I get it replaced?

Moderator...any suggestions?

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

UPDATE: Now the TELO will not register any handsets. I tried to re-register two separate handsets and no luck. This leads me to believe that I have a bad DECT 6 device in the unit.

Moderator...any advice?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 pm

a quick check:
Reboot the ooma Telo by removing the power, waiting 5 seconds and powering back up.

Hold the RED hang up button on the handset until the phone powers off.

Press the antenna key on the Telo for 5 seconds until it blinks.

Hold the left soft key and 0 on the handset and tap the RED hangup button.

The phone should go into registering mode and the Telo should pick it up and ask for pin.

Wayne

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 pm

WayneDsr,

That is exactly what I did and the phone just sits there saying "Auto Registration". Then the TELO times out and the antenna stops blinking. Did that 3 times whit same results.

CS contacted my via email and said they reset the DECT module and rebooted the system (Thanks Dennis)...so when I get home in about an hour, I will attempt to connect the handset once again. If it registers GREAT. Then if it continues to be "scratchy", I am going to record what it sounds like via the voice memo on my iPhone and post the file and send to CS.

I will keep everyone posted because I am sure I am not the only one...HOPEFULLY :D

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm

lewienmax wrote:WayneDsr,

That is exactly what I did and the phone just sits there saying "Auto Registration". Then the TELO times out and the antenna stops blinking. Did that 3 times whit same results.

CS contacted my via email and said they reset the DECT module and rebooted the system (Thanks Dennis)...so when I get home in about an hour, I will attempt to connect the handset once again. If it registers GREAT. Then if it continues to be "scratchy", I am going to record what it sounds like via the voice memo on my iPhone and post the file and send to CS.

I will keep everyone posted because I am sure I am not the only one...HOPEFULLY :D
If nothing happens duirng the Auto Registration screen (and the Telo is blinking) try going into the menu then hit the back key (left soft key). Sometimes this will trigger the Pin Screen...
Go AVS!

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks Aveamantium...

I attempted that on tries #2 and #3 with no success.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:11 pm

lewienmax wrote:WayneDsr,

Fingers Crossed :!:

Wayne

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I got home and did the following:
Hard reset the Ooma Handset
Activated the pairing for the Telo
Phone did not pair right away...per suggestion on the forum...I hit the menu button and then the left soft key and then it found the device and I entered the pin.
I recorded the attached sound clip...I started recording then clicked the speaker phone and attempted to dial a number. <-- Clip will not attach...sorry.
Now the handset continuously says "Searching..." and I am standing right next to the TELO???

Please let me know your thoughts on next steps.

lewienmax

Post by lewienmax » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:17 pm

FYI...Ooma CS is going to send me a new Telo...They want this unit to find the root cause of my issues. So I will send this one back to them.

They think it is the DECT module. Wish you could hear the sound clip...if anyone wants it email me and I can send it.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:18 pm

You could try performing a factory reset on the Telo, this will return all settings to default and wipe the previous handset registration, so re-registering the handset may then work.

1. Unplug the Telo power cord for 30 seconds, then plug back in.

2. As the Telo begins its startup, the 1 & 2 buttons will light up for a short while, followed briefly by the trash and envelope buttons, and then the bottom row of buttons will begin to flash in a scrolling sequence, which will continue approximately 28 times.

3. At the end of the blue flashing bottom row period, the Ooma logo will begin to flash red - IMMEDIATELY hold down the "stop" and "trash" buttons and the Ooma logo will alternatively flash red and blue. Continue to hold down the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns solid red and then goes out. After the logo goes out release the buttons and the Telo will restart.

You can see a poor quality video of the proceedure here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNW7BqAftQw