Number porting

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kagy
Re: Number porting

Post by kagy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:45 pm

When I finally got through to support - after three days of trying - I was told a letter (LOA) would be emailed within 48 hours. After 48 hours I held my breath and called back, and got through in 4 minutes. Erika emailed the form right after we talked the second time.

I filled it out, scanned it and emailed it back as a .pdf and received an email from her that all is well and in progress.

As an aside, I also forwarded that LOA to a friend who has subscribed to Ooma, saving him some time. He still had to talk to them to start the porting process, but he didn't have to wait the 48 hours (or however long it may have really taken) to get that letter.

So... why can't they just post that LOA on the web site and allow us to download it? We shouldn't really even have to initiate a phone conversation. Fill out the letter and send it in along with a copy of your latest phone bill.
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

bdot

Post by bdot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I got lucky. Their phone lines went down (or the switch that handles their number went down) so I kept re-trying the # periodically. Once it came back up, I got through to someone in 1 minute. :)

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm

The porting process is definitely not efficient at all.

Hopefully late this week or early next, we should have the ability to purchase a number port directly from the web without calling support (it'll show up in "add-ons" in the lounge). Immediately after the purchase (or redemption with Annual Premier), it'll email the user the appropriate Letter of Agency (LOA) form. It'll also automatically create an internal support ticket that will jumpstart the porting process.

We're hopeful this should cut down the lead times for getting a response from support. This should also help free up support resources.
Bobby B

brwilliams

Post by brwilliams » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Bobby B wrote:The porting process is definitely not efficient at all.

Hopefully late this week or early next, we should have the ability to purchase a number port directly from the web without calling support (it'll show up in "add-ons" in the lounge). Immediately after the purchase (or redemption with Annual Premier), it'll email the user the appropriate Letter of Agency (LOA) form. It'll also automatically create an internal support ticket that will jumpstart the porting process.

We're hopeful this should cut down the lead times for getting a response from support. This should also help free up support resources.
Yea!

rbuck

Post by rbuck » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 pm

I also need help with number porting.. been calling since last week. On hold right now (again) January 14th. I call everyday and hold till it drops me.. Sometimes it asks me to leave a message, sometimes just drops me.

number9

Post by number9 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:21 pm

I am also having trouble getting through to support to have my number ported. I was on hold just under 2 hours in 20 minute sessions.
I'm registered, hooked up and everything is good except the support. Mother in law said voice quality sounded better than att.
Thanks ooma! AT&T has a new daddy now!
Plays PRS guitars

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 pm

number9 wrote:I am also having trouble getting through to support to have my number ported. I was on hold just under 2 hours in 20 minute sessions.
I'm registered, hooked up and everything is good except the support. Mother in law said voice quality sounded better than att.
Thanks ooma! AT&T has a new daddy now!
I had the same problem but was choosing the wrong menu options. If you registered your Ooma device online you are now a customer. Choose option 1, then the option for number porting. If you select 2 at the begining you'll never get anyone and get disconnected 20-21 minutes into the hold. Good luck.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

pantut

Post by pantut » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm

OK, so I have been reading the threads, and the horror stories about porting... But I decided that porting the landline was the only way to see the ROI and fully test the system.... But all those issues, red lights, fast bz signals, and dare I say issues talking to OOMA... SO I made a drink, and requested a LOA for the port. Call was answered, agent thanked me, and I had a LOA in 30 min in my e-mail account. Filled it out, and faxed it over... 2 weeks later, called customer service ( Port Person, and Dali Lamma of Porting), Ericka.... She said Hi, and your porting is booked for 1-15. OK, so I wait, and on 1-14, they send a message and said, that the port was done, and have a nice day... WOW.. I had been on the phone that day, and had not noticed any changes.. Got a dial tone, made calls, got calls.. Ooma handeled the port so well that I did not know it had been done a day early.. That is professional service.. And what did i get today, in the mail? a bill from the former provider, Verizon for the monthly amount of $64.00.... all too funny.... See Ya Verizon...... Did I say I love OOMA !!!!

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:36 pm

pantut...LOA in 30 minutes? Wow, who did you bribe? I'm waiting 72 hours so far.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

pantut

Post by pantut » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Relax, you will get good service. Give them a chance.