Number porting

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
pantut
Re: Number porting

Post by pantut » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 am

I have just received confirmation that my second home has been ported. And one day eariler then planned.. Nice job, no issue with network, etc. A non event, except no phone bill as of today. I must say that in both cases of porting, I completed the form, faxed it in, and in less then 3 weeks the port was completed, and even got a note that the accont for the lounge had also changed to the ported number. WOW... Great team effort on the part of Ooma staff, and they deserve a round of thanks from my family.

So folks, just follow the program as Ooma has laid out, submit the form, sit back and wait till they tell you, your port has been completed... Then you will smile for the next week, and tell your friends that you no longer have a phone bill.....Sweet...

kagy

Re: Number porting

Post by kagy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:20 pm

ditto, as of this week. What's weird though, is that my first indication of porting being complete was the phone ringing about 10 minutes before I get out of bed. When I answered, no one was there, but I had caller ID (not available with my land-line). And the caller ID was "Pac West Telecom." Hmm, I guess Ooma has contracted with them as my new phone service provider?
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum