Voice Mail indicator on handset not working

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
bubba_paul
Voice Mail indicator on handset not working

Post by bubba_paul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:29 am

I just received my telo handset, got it set up as a 2nd personal line. everything is working find. But when I have a voice mail, the New Voice Message Indicator on the handset does not flash. Does this mean I have a bad phone? or is this feature not working yet ?
Bubba

bw1

Re: Voice Mail indicator on handset not working

Post by bw1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:13 am

Do you have a message on the screen that says, for example "2 new VMs"?

If so, and the blue light does not flash at the top, then yes, I would guess that you need to exchange the phone.

tesla2

Post by tesla2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 am

bubba_paul wrote:I just received my telo handset, got it set up as a 2nd personal line. everything is working find. But when I have a voice mail, the New Voice Message Indicator on the handset does not flash. Does this mean I have a bad phone? or is this feature not working yet ?
Bubba
Mine didn't work properly until the handset received a firmware update from the base. Before the update, it would only flash while the handset was illuminated and then stop flashing when the display illumination turned off. Since the update it works as it should. However, the flash is relatively dim compared to other manufacturers handsets and not easily seen.

bubba_paul

Post by bubba_paul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:41 am

I have no indication that there are any VM on the handset. But if I check for emails with the handset it will say I have a new email or if log into my-ooma it also shows the new VM

The handset firmware is up to date
Thx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 am

If you have your second number assigned to the handset, it will only show VM's for that number - not VM's for your main number.

bubba_paul

Post by bubba_paul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 am

Yes correct the VM was on the 2nd personal number and not the primary number.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 am

Did you complete the setup of that second VM account (PIN, greeting, etc)? You would do so by accessing VM through the handset.

Graemeww

Post by Graemeww » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

I had the older ooma box and for years the voicemail indicator on my Sony phones worked fine, after I listened to my ooma voice mail or after I deleted my new voice mail the "no voicemail" on the phones would show. Two weeks ago I upgraded to the new ooma box and now the voice mail indicator on my phones will not respond correctly.

If voicemail is left on my new ooma box the phones indicate that I have voicemail

After I listen to or delete the new voicemail my phones keep telling me there is new voicemail. It doesn't matter if delete the voicemail via the phones or on my ooma computer access.

The only way now to remove the "new voicemail" phones is to reboot the ooma device or receive another call where no voice mail is left.

Bottom line is old ooma worked fine for eight years, this new one has a bug

Tom_Concolino

Post by Tom_Concolino » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm

I was told by an agent to take out the batteries for 30 seconds. After reinstalling it began flashing again.