Static Ip Internet service ( setup.ooma.com "does not exist"

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
afdar
Static Ip Internet service ( setup.ooma.com "does not exist"

Post by afdar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 am

I literally went through hell on hooking up my telo... the telo could not recieve service from my IP... after a full day of troubleshooting. It ended with ridicule (JP from customer service called me a stalker and answered the phone pretending to be me). I was feed up with this guy who could barely speak english :x ... I called my IP and had them temporaily lift the static off my service, and my telo powered up and was working in 10min...

Next problem.. i would like to turn my static ip sevice again... and i understand you have to "configure your quality of service'' through the link "setup.ooma.com" and every browser says as it did when i was troubleshooting the telo that painful day.....site does not exist or server not found....i have tried Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer....

someone has to know the solution to this!!! please help...

Aveamantium

Re: Static Ip Internet service ( setup.ooma.com "does not exist"

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 am

You have to be connected to the HOME port for the setup.ooma.com to work.
Go AVS!

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:58 am

afdar wrote: It ended with ridicule (JP from customer service called me a stalker and answered the phone pretending to be me). I was feed up with this guy who could barely speak english
Wow, no excuse for that. I would send the log time info for that call by PM to Dennis P.

Dante R

Post by Dante R » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 am

Aveamantium wrote:You have to be connected to the HOME port for the setup.ooma.com to work.

Just to add to that, you also must have DHCP enabled on the computer you are connecting to the home port.

afdar

Post by afdar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks... I will try what was recomended... maybe my line was crossed with the internet port...