PHONE SUPPORT SOOO SUCKS!!!!

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Shutterstuff
Re: PHONE SUPPORT SOOO SUCKS!!!!

Post by Shutterstuff » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Probably my last post in this thread.

My Ooma Core is now working like it is supposed to and I want it to. Line 1 rings on the Hub and line 2 on the Scout. 23 days is a bit long to deal with this, but thanks to several users on this forum, I stuck it out. I started my number port and I hope it goes like it is supposed to. With this overly long ordeal, I "get" to pay Vonage for another month...

I will now post a few questions in other threads.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

turtlebud

Post by turtlebud » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

apologies if I am hijacking this thread, but I wasn't sure whether I should start a new one.

basically, I posted a month back that I was having problems getting my telo handset to link with my telo base. I follow all the advice given here with no luck. i called ooma support (which told me to go through SOME of the same advice that I had already follow from here) with no luck. they were going to elevate it to a tier 3 (or whatever it's called). i got one call from the tier 3 tech support, while I was away from my phone. i called back within 30 minutes with no answer, so i left a message. that was on 12/23. since then i have heard NOTHING back from this tier 3 tech support person (I think his name was newt). i called ooma again 4 days ago to check on the status of this service ticket and was told it was closed because the tech support person never heard back from me. (sorry for my language, but that's BS). at the very least, he should have tried to call again EVEN if I didn't call back and leave a message (which I did). I checked my call logs on my ooma and also my cell phone - NOTHING. they said they would re-open the ticket and I'd get a call back in 24-48 hours. that window has passed again and I'm left wondering what's left for me to do. in the meantime, I have a useless ooma telo handset that's been sitting in the charging cradle for over a month now. needless to say, i'm extremely frustrated and disappointed in ooma's phone support.

mhouge

Post by mhouge » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am

southsound, re-read my post above...wow, I'm sorry. That was a pure rant of my frustration at the lack of communication from ooma during all the delays on the handset update (I was not a happy camper). It just so happened that you were/are the most visable member on the board...so then it was by proxy that it went to you. It was my mistake and thanks for helping ppl as much as you have.

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:47 am

mhouge wrote:southsound, re-read my post above...wow, I'm sorry. That was a pure rant of my frustration at the lack of communication from ooma during all the delays on the handset update (I was not a happy camper). It just so happened that you were/are the most visable member on the board...so then it was by proxy that it went to you. It was my mistake and thanks for helping ppl as much as you have.
No problem at all. I have had similar frustrations with ooma when I first got it nearly a year ago. I had a terrible echo on some calls and at the time, support calls took 30 minutes to be answered. I would wake up in the middle of the night humming the music-on-hold songs. Then with a lot of work on my end (logging my problem calls) and even more on the part of some awesome ooma people (Bobby B., Dante, Tino, and others) things got wonderful. During that time I even got a call at home from Rich Buchanan making sure I was happy with their progress and pledging their support to make things right.

I guess that is why I enjoy posting here as much as I do. ooma has gotten a lot larger since I first joined the "club" and I realize that not everyone is going to get a personal call from the executives. But the ooma concept is great and the hardware just keeps getting better - so if I can help others have the same great experiences I'm having, I'm pleased. I tend to get a little testy myself sometimes - part of the human condition. But especially in these economic times, saving money while getting even more phone services is a welcome treat. There are a lot of wonderful people on the forum helping as they best can. Something tells me you will be one of those people soon. Have a great day!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mhouge

Post by mhouge » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:41 pm

southsound, thanks for your understanding. Either way, it was not appropriate to go off like that, especially to you, a guy just trying to helping out. :)

Considering your technological background, I'm sure you can appreciate deadlines and customer support. :)

I guess if I had a voice in the Ooma executive boardroom, I would strive for more a more open customer notification policy. Like back when multiple handsets weren't supported (but promised)...a quick 5 min post bi-weekly (in a highly visible area on the ooma site) on the state of development. I do know estimates are tough...but even just a post letting users know the state of things would relay a sense of trust and confidence. This would not show weakness, but rather strength.

Also, considering Ooma has decided to off-shore telephone support, I'd like to see them to empower the phone support folks to feel they don't need scripts to help people, but rather give them leeway in order to instill that Ooma is working on "this very problem" (or something like that).

I assume, that you, as well as I, think the potential of ooma is too great to let it slide off the map (for something as silly as customer support). Take care. :)