PHONE SUPPORT SOOO SUCKS!!!!

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Shutterstuff
PHONE SUPPORT SOOO SUCKS!!!!

Post by Shutterstuff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

My god, how stupid can a human be?

I spent HOURS working on an issue and she did not update my account. She even called me back twice trying to help out. Her last call came while I was taking my kids to the dentist. I call back and there is NO record in my account. Now I have to f'ing start from scratch...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Shutterstuff

Re: PHONE SUPPORT SOOO SUCKS!!!!

Post by Shutterstuff » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:51 pm

As a follow up, I finally was able to talk to someone with a few more brain cells touching. However, he said I would get a phone call back in 24 to 48 hours... did not happen. No email either.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Shutterstuff

Post by Shutterstuff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Day 6 and still no phone call or email from support. I am pissed that I am past 30 days or I would return this to Amazon!

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 am

Shutterstuff wrote:Day 6 and still no phone call or email from support. I am pissed that I am past 30 days or I would return this to Amazon!
Try to call Amazon and explain that you have lost product return eligibility days due to poor customer support of the product. You may get a supportive person at Amazon to give you some slack.

I looked into my Amazon account and I see that I have 45 days to return my Ooma products. You may check or just try to go through the return process to see if it will go through. Amazon makes it very easy to return stuff and you don't have to pay for return postage.
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

Shutterstuff

Post by Shutterstuff » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 am

Rene wrote:Try to call Amazon and explain that you have lost product return eligibility days due to poor customer support of the product. You may get a supportive person at Amazon to give you some slack.

I looked into my Amazon account and I see that I have 45 days to return my Ooma products. You may check or just try to go through the return process to see if it will go through. Amazon makes it very easy to return stuff and you don't have to pay for return postage.
I will give support one more call in the morning as I have the day off. But if I cannot get a resolution in 30 minutes, I will call Amazon and see if I can get my money back. It is past 45 days though, as I let it sit in the box for a couple weeks due to everyone in our house taking turns getting sick...

Shutterstuff

Post by Shutterstuff » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:15 pm

My call this morning has been status quo. Tech number 5 tried to get me to do the DSL speed test yet again… this time I refused. I cannot even get them to just try calling my bloody number so they can hear the problem! It rings once and then you hear static.

Once again, I am waiting for a level 2 tech to call me back.

I did check my account at Amazon and I have until January 31st to return it. But I have only 1 day to get the Premier at the old price… but I have to have a working Scout as I need to port 2 numbers from Vonage. I am NOT holding my breath.

Shutterstuff

Post by Shutterstuff » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Bump.

Still waiting for a call from a level 2 tech. I did not think it was possible to make Vonage look good!

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Shutterstuff wrote:Bump.

Still waiting for a call from a level 2 tech. I did not think it was possible to make Vonage look good!
I'm not too surprised that they aren't calling you back today. After it is New Years Day. Maybe you will have better fortunes tomorrow (Saturday). Have you thought about sending Bobby B a PM?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Shutterstuff

Post by Shutterstuff » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:31 pm

southsound wrote:
Shutterstuff wrote:Bump.

I'm not too surprised that they aren't calling you back today. After it is New Years Day. Maybe you will have better fortunes tomorrow (Saturday). Have you thought about sending Bobby B a PM?
Who is Bobby P?

Part of my motivation is just being a squeaky wheel here. I am 99% positive I have a defective Scout, but I cannot convince the level 1 techs this and they wont call my Ooma number to help me prove it.

I have been waiting for a call back from a level 2 tech since December 17th, but that original ticket seems to have vanished from their system. My latest case # is dated December 23rd. I was then told it would be 24-48 hours, but I knew I would not hear from anyone on Christmas. They have had plenty of days since then to return my call. I am now documenting everything very carefully. I have heard that both Amazon and Costco have been getting complaints about lousy support.

Personally, I want the damn thing to work so I can port my numbers from Vonage! But at this point I am not convinced Ooma is stable enough for me to risk my phone numbers with. Since I have now missed out on the old Premier price, I will probably port my numbers to our cell phones instead of Ooma.

mhouge

Post by mhouge » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Southsound,

"Not too surprised they aren't calling you back today????"

I figure you got a beta to release by dec 30....you better get your a$$ to work and sleep at the cubical in order to meet the deadline. If you miss it, you POST that you missed it...you don't twitter the fact that you missed another date (mind you, to the elite few that subscribe to the ... fan club).

People generally have a few "I forgive you" credits per company ... Seriously....people have invested 300-350 USD plus of their own hard earned money on a system that was promised to work by the end of Nov. ....
Last edited by mhouge on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.