Another Telo Handset Question

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
murphy
Re: Another Telo Handset Question

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Push and hold the antenna symbol on the Telo until it starts to blink.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

billc wrote:OK, tried that and now it's stuck in Auto Registration mode. Time to call support, thanks for your help.
It should time-out of Auto Registration after a few minutes and display "Not SUB", after which you would need to repeat the reset to get back to Auto Registration mode. As murphy stated above, you must also place the Telo base into registration mode by holding down the Antenna symbol until it begins to blink rapidly - this must be done while the handset is in Auto Registration mode. The handset should then request your 4 digit PIN number.

billc

Post by billc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Called support last night and "October" ran me thru every thing I had already completed. She wanted me to do it again.. Phone is still stuck in Auto Registration mode and she said it could take up to ten minutes to prompt for the pin. She would call back in 10 minutes..... Didn't get a call back.

Called support today and went back thru the same cycle again with "Dan". He appeared to be reading from a knowledge because every time I asked a question it took 30 seconds to a minute for him to respond. Told him I wanted an RMA to return the phone since I've gone thru all the reboot/factory reset items multiple. After much prodding I have a ticket number and will get the level 3 support team to call me in 24-48 hours to run their tests on the phone with me..... If they determine it's a defect they will then issue an RMA. I have now been without a second line that I paid for with my Premier subscription for 3 days! Based on other posts on this forum it appears the handsets have issues, including getting locked in Auto Registration mode. If you haven't purchased a handset yet, you may want to wait until they work out the bugs!

SilverBullit

Post by SilverBullit » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks for the information in this thread about the phone reset (via pressing 0, left soft key, and red end call button when the phone is off). That did the trick for me. Previously, phone would perpetually be in searching mode. Thanks!