Number Porting Questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ladysman
Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 pm

I checked my online verizon account this morning and my account was still showing up. I just called to terminate my service and the lady from verizon (Very nice by the way) said she couldn't even find my account. Sure enough, I looked online and my account was deactivated.

YAY! BYE BYE VERIZON!!! :D :D :D :D

The best part (I almost forgot!) I think I sold the lady on the other line an ooma system!! lol ;)

She was asking me about it. :cool:
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

jackdonaghy

Post by jackdonaghy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

ladysman wrote:So i just checked my credit card and I had a $39.99 charge on their for the porting. However, I signed-up for ooma Premiere to get the free porting. Anyone else have this problem?? Guess I have to call them again.
Hello we also had this happen. Signed up for Premier on 12/31/09 for $99.99. Charged $39.99 for the number port, but not for the rest. The premier trial is down to the last couple of days, so I was wondering if this is normal or will I need to call in? Should I just wait til the trial ends and see if we get charged the other $60? For whatever reason, Ooma didn't send a confirmation email for the order, but I did do a save of the web page of the order submission.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:29 am

jackdonaghy wrote:
ladysman wrote:So i just checked my credit card and I had a $39.99 charge on their for the porting. However, I signed-up for ooma Premiere to get the free porting. Anyone else have this problem?? Guess I have to call them again.
Hello we also had this happen. Signed up for Premier on 12/31/09 for $99.99. Charged $39.99 for the number port, but not for the rest. The premier trial is down to the last couple of days, so I was wondering if this is normal or will I need to call in? Should I just wait til the trial ends and see if we get charged the other $60? For whatever reason, Ooma didn't send a confirmation email for the order, but I did do a save of the web page of the order submission.
It's not normal. Call them now.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jackdonaghy

Post by jackdonaghy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:47 pm

murphy wrote:
jackdonaghy wrote:
It's not normal. Call them now.
Thanks for the info! Gave Ooma a call today and, like you wrote, was told that it wasn't normal and should've been charged $99.99 right away. Person I spoke with said that $60 would be charged and the premier service would start once the trial ends. I guess we'll see how things go in a couple of days. :)