Number Porting Questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ladysman
Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 am

So i just checked my credit card and I had a $39.99 charge on their for the porting. However, I signed-up for ooma Premiere to get the free porting. Anyone else have this problem?? Guess I have to call them again.
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

BBBoT

Post by BBBoT » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am

I had the same thing happen, but I'm going to wait for the end of the 2-month trial of premier before I call.
I assume they have to charge you something for the port, but they can;t charge you for the year of premium until after the 2 month free trial is up.
Best case they would then just charge the difference when they do finally bill for the 1st year, but I assume they'll need to credit back the porting fee.

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:24 am

I had the same thing... signed up for a year of premier during the free trial and "expected" to see a charge for $119.99, but instead saw one for $39.99. I called to check and they ended up charging me the difference ($80) and my account now shows an annual subscription to premier which has an expiration date that is correct (12 months + my free 60 day trial). I think the web page is horked. It is possible I suppose that the system will automatically charge you after the 60 days, but I am not so sure.

BTW, my port took just over 2 weeks and went without a hitch. Very happy with Ooma so far.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am

Call them. Select the sales department instead of technical support. I bought a year of Premier the day after I registered in January 2008 to get the free port. Premier was tacked onto the end of the free trial.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:17 am

Hello ladysman,

Your account currently shows that you have premiere trial active & a charge for the porting fee.
If you would like annual premiere charged to your account for the difference, please send me a personal
email with a green light & I can take care of that for you.

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:46 am

ntoy wrote:Hello ladysman,

Your account currently shows that you have premiere trial active & a charge for the porting fee.
If you would like annual premiere charged to your account for the difference, please send me a personal
Email sent through the OOMA forum!

Thanks!
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks a lot for the help! :)
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

BBBoT

Post by BBBoT » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for helping me with the same issue!

Cheers!

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:00 am

I got an email a couple of days ago saying today is the day for the porting. Hasn't happened yet but that's fine.

Once it's ported, what needs done? Power cycle of the Telo?

I know how to wire it to my existing phone panel and remove the outside line from the distribution block but wasn't sure what the Telo needed if anything.

Thanks.
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

amoney

Post by amoney » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Normally your dont have to do anything, some occasions may need a reboot of the Ooma box.

You dont have to disconnect the Telco unless you want to backfeed your home phone wiring.

PORTING can be a few hours or all day.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G