ooma and Cable Modem (not coming back online)

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
User avatar
Joined:Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm
Re: ooma and Cable Modem (not coming back online)

Post by Soundjudgment » Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 am

Jitter: you --> server: 4.4 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.6 ms
Upload quality of service: 66 %

This is a bit troublesome.
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

User avatar
Joined:Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:47 pm
Location:Long Island, NY

Re: ooma and Cable Modem (not coming back online)

Post by coldsteel » Fri May 14, 2010 10:01 am

I may be missing something but why are you posting a problem with your cable modem in an OOMA forum? Wouldn't one of the Comcast forums or a broadband forum (like DSLReports) get you better advice if you're not getting any help from Comcast? You could always request a technician to come out and take a look.

When I had a similar problem years ago, it was the cable that ran from the cable box to my house - I was skeptical when the tech said that because the cable TV signal was working just fine. She replaced the cable (had to dig up a path across my lawn and UNDER a 3 foot wide brick walkway with a shovel and she did an excellent job) all my problems went away it was that cable at fault and who knows why it suddenly went bad.
Own: 1 Hub, 1 Scout ... "Common Sense Information Technology" is the focus of http://winstonlawrence.com/notebook/

Joined:Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: ooma and Cable Modem (not coming back online)

Post by drujaz » Fri May 14, 2010 11:07 am

The reason I posted it here is that the comcast cable modem will not come online unless I disconnect the Ooma from it. I am wondering (trying to figure out) if the way I have it configured may be causing conflict and as such causing the modem to go offline.

I researching this further, I found that MAC spoofing was set to Automatic on the Ooma and the recommendation from a few folks was that it should just be set to "Built-in". I have changed that and am hoping that that may resolve the problem.

Post Reply