Ooma Telo and 2nd Line

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
tracys_97
Ooma Telo and 2nd Line

Post by tracys_97 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello All,

I've searched the forum looking for the answer to my question so please forgive me if it has already been answered. I have purchased and activated my Ooma Telo with the Premier service. I understand that in order to use the 2nd line functionality that I must use the Telo handset. Is there any way for me to utilize the 2nd line without using this handset (this handset really sucks)? I will even take options of purchasning additional equipment (hub, scout, telo, etc.), if necessary.

Thanks,
Tracy

feartheturtle

Re: Ooma Telo and 2nd Line

Post by feartheturtle » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Welcome to the forums. You can find a lot of helpful information here, often by using the search function.

I suspect you already know the answer to your question. If you refuse to utilize the Telo handset, and you want to have two calls active at the same time using Ooma equipment, then you will need to invest in a second system (either a hub or Telo). Good luck.

Only exception to this is if you own a hub (older system) and use a scout. But you best search the forums for problems with voice quality from scout units - its not pretty.