Telo logo never turns blue

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
RudyG
Telo logo never turns blue

Post by RudyG » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:07 pm

I got a Telo 2 wks. ago. After 4 phone support calls I still have never seen the logo turn blue. It perpetually blinks reddish.

I've got 1 landline. It usually works no matter how Telo is hooked up. Except I hear a dim echo of my voice even when I'm not talking to anyone. And we get a periodic clicking that makes it impossible to hear callers. It's a steady 8 clicks one right after another.

I've got a combo modem/wireless router. Because the Telo never boots up, the modem never hooks up to the Internet when hooked only to the Telo. But it will if I also connect it separately to another phone jack.

I bought a DSL filter, like the instructions suggested. Nothing changed, except I was out $15.

My phone is connected to the Telo "Phone" jack. The modem/router is connected to "To Internet" jack on the Telo, using the Ethernet cable. The Telo connects to the phone jack with the "Wall" jack. "Home Network" is the only empty jack on the Telo.

Phone Support also had me use a Splitter to plug both the Telo and the model/router into. No diff; Telo never finishes booting up.

Instead of 15 min. installation, I'm going on 15 days.
I haven't gotten a good tech-sense from Phone Support.
Does this two weeks count against my free Premier service?
I'd greatly appreciate some help.
RudyG

lbmofo

Re: Telo logo never turns blue

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Is your internet DSL? Are you trying to use ooma device on landline integration mode?

RudyG

Post by RudyG » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 am

Yes, my landline is DSL.
I'm not sure what you mean: "Are you trying to use ooma device on landline integration mode?"

When I activated Ooma, I checked the option to use my existing phone number because Ooma informed me they had no other phone number for me in my area.

I tried to go back in Activation to see what was checked, but I don't think I can activate a second time.
How do I check or change the "landline integration mode?

I'm also not sure about my activation code. The print on the bottom of my Telo only had half of the last digit/letter and I guessed what it was until the system accepted a code. Would that matter?
Thx,
RudyG

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 am

Hello Rudy,

I show that your account is registered with your landline. Landline integration mode means you've decided to use your home phone number to work with Ooma. Your active phone line must be plugged into the "Wall" port on the back of your telo.

You've activated successfully. Once activated, you do not have the option to reactivate. As for changing Landline configuration to an Ooma number, you would need to contact our support folks to make that change.

When you spoke to support, did they confirm with you if you had registered the correct mac address? If you flip your telo upside down, is the mac address on the label the same if you logged into your My Ooma account? Another option is to power the telo, connect a pc directly to the "Home" port on the back of the telo. Open a browser & go to setup.ooma.com & when you get to that page, go to the Settings>Network tab & look at the "HOME Port MAC Address" - is this the same as your telo?

If the above is confirmed, then your telo is not establishing a network connection with our network. If you look at the back of your telo, the "To Internet" port has one solid & one flashing LED? Are you using a static IP? Do you have the firewall settings enabled on the modem?

RudyG

Post by RudyG » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 am

Phone Support never asked about Mac #.
I'll check it, but the site you gave me doesn't come up on my browser: setup.ooma.com

Right now the lights on "To Internet" aren't showing.

After I can get to setup, I'll check the Mac # and then the network stuff you mentioned.
Thx again,
RudyG

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 am

The LED's on the To Internet port on the telo should light up as long as your modem is powered & the ethernet cable from the modem is connected to the telo. If not, the port maybe bad? On the same lines, when you connect your pc to the home port, you should see LED's as well.

Instead of setup.ooma.com, you can also try http://172.27.35.1

RudyG

Post by RudyG » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:48 am

My phone line is connected to the "Wall" port.

Okay, my bad: the LEDs on the "To Internet" port do light up. The right light is on and the left orange light flashes occasionally. So, I guess the port is good.

But when I connect the computer to the "Home Network" port, the LEDs there don't light up.
When I try http://172.27.35.1, it keeps timing out. I'll try it tonight when there's less traffic to see if that makes a diff.

What next?
RudyG

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 am

The LED's should light up on the Home Network port as well if the Ooma is powered, the ethernet cable is secure, & your pc is powered. Maybe try a different ethernet cable? If no LED's, the Home port maybe bad. If so, you may want to return to the store for a replacement.

I still do not show any signs of communication from your telo. As a sanity check, if you take the ethernet cable out of the To Internet port from your telo & plug it into your pc, you have internet access? Is your pc using a static ip address or pppoe?

RudyG

Post by RudyG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:26 am

I'm not using a static IP.
I'm using a PPPOA (not PPPOE) IP address.

My firewall settings on the modem were set to Low, now they're off.

Still won't boot up blue.
Thx,
RudyG

RudyG

Post by RudyG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am

Forget the last post.
How blue is my Telo!
I came back inside and ALL the lights were solid BLUE. None flashing.
Guess it was the firewall setting?
Last (?) problem:
The wireless modem/router is hooked up the the Telo To Internet port, but it is only hooked up to the Internet when I use a separate phone cord to connect it to a different phone jack.
Ideas?
Thanks for all your great help so far.
RudyG