Making sharing go away

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ajw522
Re: Making sharing go away

Post by ajw522 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:23 pm

lbmofo wrote:
ajw522 wrote: Hey, that's a great idea! I know the OP is looking for a way to disable this, but this would help me out! I can set my main Telo to Multi-Ring with my GV number that forwards to my Ooma Telo Handset! But, it would be impossible for the OP to have Multi-Ring ring his hub or scout because My Ooma doesn't allow you to forward to another one of your numbers.

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking the thread temporarily. :D
Double forward doesn't work either.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1300&start=10#p7717
Actually it does work, because I'm not using any forwarding service when calling my main telo. It works when I call the Telo directly - it then multi-rings to my GV number and then to my Telo Handset. However, if I try calling into my Telo using a GV number that forwards to my Telo, it does not multi-ring.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

scg

Post by scg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:59 am

lbmofo wrote:Go here: https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers/new_device

Assign a number to your scout.
I see that in the option to create a personal device, you can select hub or scout. Can my other (main) number be assigned to the hub so it will only ring there? Or do I need to have a second hub to activate into my account?

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:04 am

scg wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Go here: https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers/new_device

Assign a number to your scout.
I see that in the option to create a personal device, you can select hub or scout. Can my other (main) number be assigned to the hub so it will only ring there? Or do I need to have a second hub to activate into my account?
Once you assign the secondary number to a personal scout it will only ring on the scout. The main number will only ring on the hub by default since there is only one shared device. The main number will not ring on the personal scout.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx