Scout & cable internet?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
aggie91
Scout & cable internet?

Post by aggie91 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:11 pm

I have cable internet, how do I hook up my scout if it only interface is thru the phone line?

johnboy

Re: Scout & cable internet?

Post by johnboy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:29 am

Not tech support... but this should suffice until you can talk to them if you still need to.

plug your cable into your cable modem. Take the cablemodem RJ-45 (like a bigger phone plug) - the network output and plug that into the modem plug in the back of the hub. Plug the HOME plug into your computer or router input. Plug a phone into the PHONE port of the hub and plug the scout into the WALL jack. If it lights up blue, you are in business. If it does not, log into the lounge area and add a scout device to your system and for now, just make sure it is unassigned. Then the light should turn blue on the scout.

To move the scout to a different room, you will need to use your house wiring. Remove it from the hub and plug a regular wall phone wire from WALL (on hub) to the wall jack. That is actually feeding a signal to the wall jack. Plug the scout (electricity and wall jack) into some other location and "BLUE" and you are all set. Plug a phone into the scout if you want to or you can just use it to watch your blinking lights (messages) and play them remotely.

John