Android app

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
tcat007
Android app

Post by tcat007 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Thought I'd give it another shot after a year, hopefully it's improved. Had the same login, "you have a bad password" issue. Once changed (and gone through the change on my PC), it seems to work. Questions:

1. What is "HD Voice" in settings. Default is disabled. Will it work on my Nexus 5?
2. If I login with my home# and have in and out set, calls to my home# will ring all phones? On wifi (airplane mode) or on cellular? I ask because at home I have poor service and am on wifi 90% of the time.
3. Do I need the app running full time to receive calls with it? Or will "Ooma Central" know I activated and route calls to all phone all the time?

I have a 2nd Ooma# on a Linx, and I have it tied into Google Voice. I use GV on my cell, so I assume this is unaffected. I don't use my actual cell# for anything. So far outgoing calls work fine. Just haven't had an incoming yet.

Artie009

Re: Android app

Post by Artie009 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:19 am

Same exact problem here.

See the many posts in this forum, you're not alone.

Artie

Artie009

Re: Android app

Post by Artie009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 pm

I have been contacted by a member of the troubleshooting team (although not from Engineering). They think my problem is the result of a problem with the carrier that supplies the number I chose. Will keep the group informed.

A