IOS Mobile App - Continues to Ring ...

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: IOS Mobile App - Continues to Ring ...

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:59 am

can you give a time/date/zone when this last happened?

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Sorry, I can not provide that. It has not happened in a week or so but it only happens [occasionally] when after I complete a call from home to cell number the app [not used for the call] starts ringing.

I have another annoyance that does occur ALL the time. I set the app to ring simultaneously with my home Telo 2 phones. Someone (anyone) calls home. The Ooma app rings as it should. The home phone is picked up. Here is what I experience from iPhone Ooma App:

1. The Ooma app continues to ring for about 15 sec AFTER the call is answered at home. BAD!

2. The Ooma app Call Log reports it as a MISSED CALL. WRONG!

3. And to repeat a wish list item I've requested for 6 months - Add a "CLEAR" option to IOS Ooma app to delete ALL calls listed in the Call Log in a single action. Currently, its one at a time. If you fumble, you end up calling the number. BAD!

Ira

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:15 am

I would appreciate a response from an Ooma Rep on each of the 3 items below. I've asked from the 3rd item many a time with no response.
Iraisok wrote:I set the app to ring simultaneously with my home Telo 2 phones. Someone (anyone) calls home. The Ooma app rings as it should. The home phone is picked up. Here is what I experience from iPhone Ooma App:

1. The Ooma app continues to ring for about 15 sec AFTER the call is answered at home. BAD!

2. The Ooma app Call Log reports it as a MISSED CALL. WRONG!

3. And to repeat a wish list item I've requested for 6 months - Add a "CLEAR" option to IOS Ooma app to delete ALL calls listed in the Call Log in a single action. Currently, its one at a time. If you fumble, you end up calling the number. BAD!

Ira

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:31 am

mike_b wrote:
Iraisok wrote: Major Annoyance: The app continues to ring when the home phone is used to answer a call.
The same thing happens with the Android Ooma app.
The Android app is an embarrassment to an otherwise good Ooma phone system.
An update for the Android app is now available that is supposed to fix bugs and improve stability. I downloaded it and will post notable changes.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 am

So far, the Android app (3.2) is recognizing when a home phone is picked up. The "Continues to Ring" issue appears to be fixed.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

oomamaniacal wrote:So far, the Android app (3.2) is recognizing when a home phone is picked up. The "Continues to Ring" issue appears to be fixed.
Mr Maniacal - I don't think you are an Ooma Rep as your logo would be like others I've seen and communicated with.

Anyway, I started this thread and was referring to the IOS app. So, great that the Android app was corrected, possibly from my revealing the issue (or it might be a coincidence). However, I would like this solved on the IOS app.

Again - I would like an Ooma rep to respond to the few items I listed in a prior msg in this thread and specifically is there an effort to correct the over ring with the IOS App?

Ira

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am

I'm still hoping for a response from an Ooma Rep at the forum. I do not want to name any as it would seem like I'm assigning responsibility. I'm just try to make the IOS app work better.

What say you guys?

Ira

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Tom B wrote:can you give a time/date/zone when this last happened?
Tom - It happened twice today. I will give you the info you requested.
Note: Using latest IOS App but it has happened with many versions prior. It is NOT app specific.

Looking at the App Call Log: 4:33PM; 11/10/2015; PST

It happened [embarrassingly] twice. However, the first time about 15 min earlier was not saved to log.

Summary: I received a call from the Telo2 to my Cell # (not the App). A minute or less after we closed our conversation and we each hung up, my IOS app is ringing and does NOT stop... telling me I have a call from the Telo2 (my home. Not true, can't happen.

You have all the info you requested.

As you investigate the problem PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF MY SETTINGS.

Tnx,
Ira

vgiordano

Post by vgiordano » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:30 am

I have the Ooma office app installed on my iPhone 6s+. When a call comes in to my office line my iPhone starts to vibrate. No notifications come up on the iPhone saying an Ooma office call is coming in; it just vibrates. How do I make this stop? I have disabled all notifications for the app on my iPhone.
Ooma Office since September 2015
Fiber internet
2 base stations with 2 linx, 5 Yealink T21's