Samsung LG: Whenever I try to make a call the screen blanks

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
charlesfradley
Samsung LG: Whenever I try to make a call the screen blanks

Post by charlesfradley » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:19 am

I have a Samsung LG Android cell phone.

I have installed the ooma app.

Whenever I try to make a call the screen goes dark and the app become unusable.

Customer support suggested I uninstall and reinstall the app ... [Incident: 150225-001170] I did that, but it made no difference, still does not work.

Any thoughts?

reb352

Re: Samsung LG: Whenever I try to make a call the screen blanks

Post by reb352 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:48 am

Apparently the developers are iOS people. They don't seem to know that Android phones have proximity detectors that turn off the screen when the user holds the phone to their ear. My complaint is if you listen to a voicemail the default is thru the earpiece and as soon as you hold the phone to your ear the message stops!! Call tech support and they said use the forum. Used the forum and the only response I got was, "works fine with the iPhone". Great help. It's easy to see how their app gets a 2 rating.

mlg

Re: Samsung LG: Whenever I try to make a call the screen blanks

Post by mlg » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:55 pm

I have the LG V10 and I find its proximity sensor "trigger happy". Often frustrated by that dark screen when I'm trying to "press 3" or whatever action is expected. I've found that if you lightly press the on/off button on the back of the phone, that will bring back the screen. I've taken to using speaker phone when I know I'll have to respond to prompts because then you hold it far away and the screen doesn't go off.

If you have an LG with a second screen and if you are using your phone to read email or play a game or something when a call comes in, the only way to answer it is a small set of arrows on the very top of the second screen which you swipe to answer. I only found these after calling tech support :)

Hope this helps as I believe it applies to most of the newer LG phones.