Android App Call Forwarding Problem

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
thomasm
Android App Call Forwarding Problem

Post by thomasm » Sun May 10, 2015 8:40 am

When using the Ooma Android app one of the choices lets you manage your account. I have uncovered a problem when changing the call forwarding status.

After having my Ooma account set up to simultaneously ring my Telo and cell phone, I tell the mobile app to only ring the cell phone when the Telo is offline. What this does is also change the status such that the Telo doesn't ring! I have the mobile app set up for outgoing calls only, so I never set my account up to ring the mobile app-just forward calls to the regular cell number. This was verified by checking the settings on the web page after changing them with the mobile app.

Moral of the story: Don't ever change the status of your Ooma account using the mobile app to ring a third number only during a network outage if you want your Telo to ring!

thomasm

Re: Android App Call Forwarding Problem

Post by thomasm » Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 am

Just downloaded the latest android Ooma mobile app version and checked to see if this problem was resolved-IT'S NOT. If you click "save" on the call forwarding settings screen with "alert on network outage only" selected, the Telo will no longer ring until you go into the regular web site and re-enable it.

PLEASE FIX THIS!