Update: From the Ooma iOS App: Using the SECONDARY Line

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
SandyEggo
Update: From the Ooma iOS App: Using the SECONDARY Line

Post by SandyEggo » Tue May 12, 2015 3:46 pm

For Ooma Premier users: The option to use the secondary Ooma phone number exists in the call forwarding preferences - but it is misleading because it is NOT OPERATIONAL - I confirmed this in an Ooma chat. (Update from my original post of 05/12/15: Ooma has removed the misleading linkage from the call forwarding preferences but has not corrected the issue.)

The reality is: calling and call forwarding MUST be associated with the PRIMARY Ooma phone number. (I will not be using the primary number on my mobile phone as I have always had that number reserved for wired home phone use only. This would defeat the purpose of having 2 lines.)

REQUEST: Please allow call origination using the Ooma iOS app (+Android version if the same issue exists) from a mobile phone using the secondary Ooma number (which needs to also show up on the receiver's caller ID!), and also allow call forwarding of the secondary Ooma line directly to the Ooma app on the mobile handset WITHOUT DIALING INTO or associating with the cellular phone number.

Once this gets fixed, this service will be solid.

Thanks for reading,
John
Last edited by SandyEggo on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: From the Ooma App: Using the SECONDARY Line

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:52 pm

SandyEggo

Re: Update: From the Ooma iOS App: Using the SECONDARY Line

Post by SandyEggo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks Tom, I did read the entire thread you pointed to before posting. Since it's been this long a time, I felt it was appropriate to edit my original post and ask for the fix again.

JedWare

Post by JedWare » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 pm

I would also like to request this feature/fix. I can't really give out my second line number since I can only call from that number from my home HD2 handset. It would be very beneficial to make calls from my mobile and have the second line number be the displayed caller id number.

mmoud

Post by mmoud » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 am

+1 Using secondary phone number from mobile app ( Android has same issue) would be a great feature. Right now personal number is useless to me

I think its intentional so that people buy their linx boxes.

EddyBi

Post by EddyBi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 am

Hi! Everyone,

I know this thread is old (2015!) but this is the OP has describe a feature that I am now investigating (2018).

Tom!: Is there any development in that field ?

Any workaround will be appreciated.
Thanks

alanL

Post by alanL » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am

If Ooma is going to refuse to address this issue,there is a little place I like to call Ebay that I'm going to be dealing with REAL soon!

dmarcus123

Post by dmarcus123 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am

No comments from the powers that be? I mean, if Ooma is going to advertise a second line, it ought to be as usable as the first.