Ooma App no incoming sound

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
rainfactor
Ooma App no incoming sound

Post by rainfactor » Wed May 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello

I currently own A Nexus 5 with Android 5.1 and my wife has a Note 2 with Android 4.4
I installed her the Ooma app and i forwarded the inbound calls to her cell to OOma telo because she doesn't have great cell reception inside the house. Then from the telo i have them to ring the house and the Ooma app on her cellphone

When i call her cell i can hear the house phone ringing and on her cell the app kicks in and it shows the call as coming from the Ooma mobile , she can answer, however she does not have any sound. I can hear her talking but she cannot hear me. Is it too much of an elaborate setup that the app cannot handle or is one of the app's bugs??

I bought another telo for one of my friends that has the same Nexus 5 handset and we made some tests .
We could not hear each other when using the app either using the in house wifi or the cell network

Maybe i am missing something....

Anyone has an ideea? Will be very much appreciated !
The Ooma itself is working well otherwise. The house phones connected to it seem to be getting good quality audio
Because i am still in the premier trial period i am just trying things before i comit to the full service. I am OK paying the basic service but as far as the app goes i am not convinced so far if it's worth the 10$
And i feel the need to justify my decision, i did not need another line in the house i just wanted to alleviate some cell reception issues we couldn't fix otherwise that's why i bought the telo :) :) :) The cheapest indoor cell booster costs 700$(canadian)