Installed Update-Now Unusable

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
thomasm
Installed Update-Now Unusable

Post by thomasm » Sat May 16, 2015 6:42 am

I updated the app on my Android phone running version 4.0 of Android. App asked me to log in, choose operating mode (I chose outbound only), accepted the disclosures and then it said "unfortunately the app has stopped". I sent in the requested report. Whenever I tried the app after that, it said "logging in" followed by the stopped message and another invitation to send in a report.

Then I uninstalled the app and re-installed the previous version from a backup (I learned the hard way what often happens when you install an updated Android app!). The previous version is running fine once again.

Please check what you screwed up in the latest upgrade and FIX IT!

oomamaniacal

Re: Installed Update-Now Unusable

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat May 16, 2015 8:13 am

I just updated to the new Ooma Android App (3.3) and chose inbound and outbound calls. It seemed to work okay.

I then switched the setting to outbound calls call only and called out on it again. Again, it worked.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

quickh2

Post by quickh2 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 pm

That has been my experience today as well with Ooma HD 3.3. Stable with inbound and out going calls.. Using Moto G with Android 4.4.4

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 am

Apparently it works with later versions of Android but there are lots of phones out there still running version 4.0 (like mine). If Ooma doesn't want their app to work with all current android phones they should set up the Google Play Store so that incompatible phones aren't allowed to install it. Or they should just fix it.

As long as the previous version which works fine on my phone is supported, I'm good to go.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri May 29, 2015 3:57 am

Does anyone have an Android phone running version 4.0 that has managed to get the latest version of the Ooma app to work? I am curious if it's my PHONE or ANDROID VERSION.

EPMailman

Post by EPMailman » Fri May 29, 2015 8:02 am

Ihave a Virgin Mobile Awe running android 4.o and after updating when trying to call out on cellphone it rings the house phone but no call is made. Incoming calls from the cellphone are almost impossible to hear. So much distortion. Is there a fix?

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:08 am

Well, at least the app RUNS on your phone but from what you describe its pretty much useless. What a shame since the previous version worked great and fortunately for me I had the forethought to use my phone's backup program before upgrading so I was able to restore the previous version.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:36 am

Downloaded the latest version and now it runs on my Android 4.0 phone.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:05 am

latest version is 3.5