Mobile HD (Android) not receiving calls

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Gearscout
Mobile HD (Android) not receiving calls

Post by Gearscout » Tue May 19, 2015 3:41 pm

I have Android ver. 3.3 of Ooma Mobile HD.

In MyOoma, I have adjusted settings so my second line (Ooma Premier) will ring only to the mobile HD. But I can't get it to ring through.

Have tried using another Mobile HD equipped device.

Have tried using the main Ooma number from the Telo at home.

No joy.

Can two Ooma Mobile HD apps be active (logged in) at the same time? One iOS 5x and the other Android 3x.

Many thanks for any tips or advice.
Gearscout
------------
Ooma Telo
Atlanta, GA

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Mobile HD (Android) not receiving calls

Post by Tom » Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 am

The mobile app currently does not support receiving calls on any number other than the main number on the account. The MyOoma UI will be fixed to reflect this.

Gearscout

Post by Gearscout » Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 am

Does the iOS version support incoming calls for line 2?

Thank you...
Gearscout
------------
Ooma Telo
Atlanta, GA

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 pm

this is a backend limitation so applies to both iOS and Android

dddeluca1

Post by dddeluca1 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I am running Android 5.0. I installed latest Ooma Mobile HD 3.3. I am an Ooma Premier subscriber. I set up MyOoma under Call Forwarding for my main number to ring my Ooma device, my mobile app and my cell (only if the ooma is offline).

On my phone, in the Ooma Mobile HD app, I set up the Calling Mode to Inbound and Outbound. I set up the outgoing caller-ID to my Ooma main number. Kept Advanced SIP Setting to default of AUTO, and Voice Codec to default of DISABLED.

When I call my Ooma main number, it does not ring my phone in the mobile app which is definitely running.

Are incoming calls really working for Android now? Did I miss something in the set up?

Thanks for any pointers,
Dorothy

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

dddeluca1 wrote:
Are incoming calls really working for Android now? Did I miss something in the set up?

Thanks for any pointers,
Dorothy
If you used My Ooma Beta, try using My Ooma Classic to configure the call forwarding.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

dddeluca1

Post by dddeluca1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 am

I have tried configuring using my-beta.ooma and myooma, and on the mobile app. I noticed that when I log into my-beta.ooma that it will continually tell me that I am only 80% configured, and the part that is not configured is my multi-ring. After I configure it, it comes back to the setup window and still says I am 80% set up, multi-ring is not configured. If I close the setup guide, and go into Preferences>Call Forwarding, it shows the configuration that I set up. If I log into myooma, and change the set up, it is reflected back under my-beta.ooma, but still in my-beta.ooma the setup thinks I am only 80% done and it still thinks the only thing left to set up is multi-ring. If I go into the mobile app and change call forwarding, same thing, the changes are reflected in both myooma and my-beta.ooma, but my-beta.ooma setup still thinks I am only 80% set up.

No matter what I do, it will not ring my mobile device.

dddeluca1

Post by dddeluca1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 am

Tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling, no luck. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing any pre-existing data/cache and voila! I am getting calls now.

HOWEVER, all is still not great. When I answer a call, the other party gets no audio. Posted this to another thread, but feel free to present any solutions here if you like. :-)

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

I have the same exact issue, word for word exactly the same, except I am using a Samsung S3 phone without any IOS equipped units.

Yesterday I received a message from Engineering, ordering me to install the latest version of the mobile ap, which was just released yesterday. I did so, but nothing is different-dead silence when there is an incoming call.

Anyone else having this problem?

TY

Artie

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:49 am

Support has determined there's an intermittent issue with calls to your phonenumber not completing. It's been escalated to the carrier. You may want to allow calls to ring your telo as well. That narrows down the problem if the telo rings and the app does not.