Use overseas

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Ferryman
Use overseas

Post by Ferryman » Wed May 20, 2015 2:36 am

Am I able to use the Ooma app while traveling overseas? Is there a per-minute charge? I am a Premier subscriber.

oomamaniacal

Re: Use overseas

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed May 20, 2015 3:55 am

Ferryman wrote:Am I able to use the Ooma app while traveling overseas? Is there a per-minute charge? I am a Premier subscriber.
Yes, you can.

There would be a per-minute charge if you are calling a non-US and non-Canada number, unless you subscribe to the World plan and the number you are calling is covered by that plan.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

oomg

Post by oomg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 am

So, just to confirm... If I am overseas, let's say Spain or Italy, can I use my Ooma Mobile app to call my home by making the call to my second number (assuming I have an appropriate data plan or wifi connection)? Has anyone on this forum actually done this?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

ochotona

Post by ochotona » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:05 am

If I am traveling overseas can I actually take my TELO with me and use it outside of the USA, or is it subject to local country telecom regulations and taxes? I am thinking about the EU in particular. Of course, I can't enter the EU now because the USA is a "contaminated, unhealthy" country. So much we could say about that topic. Thank you.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:31 am

It can work but some countries may block the ports it needs to work. Also the DECT frequencies are not permitted in some countries so the DECT transmitter would have to be turned off. That means no Ooma handsets could be used.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx