Other party gets no audio

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
krelltunez
Other party gets no audio

Post by krelltunez » Wed May 27, 2015 1:28 pm

I am using the Android app. My phone is an HTC One (M7) and I'm on Lollipop (5.0.2). I have the latest version of the Ooma Mobile HD app installed. I am able to login, listen to voice mails, etc. And please note that my Ooma Telo is working fine and my home phone (Panasonic hardwired to the Telo) is fine; it receives incoming audio and transmits outgoing just fine.

With the app, whoever I call cannot hear me. It's like I'm not there. I'm unable to leave voice mails, have conversations, etc. I have not tried with incoming calls (that ability, while nice, is not as important as my ability to call out).

I'm an Ooma Premier subscriber. Oh, and this happens on WiFi or LTE -- basically it doesn't matter how I'm connecting; it's just not working properly.

Anyone else experience this? I was kind of surprised nobody seems to have based on the forum postings.

thad
Ooma Moderator

Re: Other party gets no audio

Post by thad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi, I'm not able to reproduce this on other Android devices. Would you be available to do a test call to help troubleshoot this?

thad
Ooma Moderator

Post by thad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, this seems to be specific to the HTC device but we found a workaround you can use:
By toggling Speaker icon On-Off on the active call screen, you should be able to restore the two way voice path.

ariklin

Post by ariklin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I am having the same issue on my HTC One M8 - tried the speaker phone toggle - even tried calling from my work ooma to my home ooma - tried to leave myself a message and got the "can't hear you, goodbye" message. Can't get any outbound calls to have me be heard. Have the latest update installed as well.

dddeluca1

Post by dddeluca1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, no audio on other end. Tried speaker on/off, mute on/off.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. Cleared all cache. This step was actually because my ooma would not forward to the mobile app at all. Now it is forwarding but no audio. Baby steps....

FlyByNight

Post by FlyByNight » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:47 am

I have the same problem with my HTC One M8 using Adroid 5. The work around doesn't fix the problem with this phone. I also have the app on my Samsung G S5 and there isn't any problem with being heard by the other party.

Hope that this issue is fixed soon as this was one of the reasons I got ooma and it sucks that it doesn't work on my main phone.

bqbauer

Post by bqbauer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Similar problem on Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1. Person on the other end hears me softly, sometimes the audio drops out intermittently (some words aren't heard at all), other times audio gets softer and softer. When I call with other apps, like the stock dialer or with Hangouts, there is no problem with the other person hearing me. My received audio is just fine in all cases so far.

To be clear, these are problems the other person has hearing me on the Nexus 5 with the Ooma mobile app. Haven't yet tested if the problem exists with a Bluetooth headset.