Upgrade 5.4 makes App useless; where download prev Version?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Alex445
Upgrade 5.4 makes App useless; where download prev Version?

Post by Alex445 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Just upgraded my OOMA app to 5.4 on iPhone, and I can connect (sometimes I get 1 ring on app. mostly no ring) and it tells me that it is ringing, however it stays like that ... The person I try to reach CANNOT HEAR ANYTHING on their end, nor do I.

Also my app doesn't seem to ring when my Ooma box rings, which it did on the previous version, though this is not as critical as making phone calls out ...

Where can I download the previous version of the app until this gets fixed on iPhone?

Alex445

Re: Upgrade 5.4 makes App useless; where download prev Version?

Post by Alex445 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 am

Apparently the lack of sound is ONLY while calling back home to the Ooma number; which was possible on the prev version of the app ...

thad
Ooma Moderator

Post by thad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Thank you for reporting the issue. We are looking into the problem receiving inbound calls. We believe it is not related to the new version of the app, so it unfortunately it wouldn't be solved by reverting to the previous version. We are also investigating the problem making calls to your own Ooma device. If we find it is related to the new version of the app, would you be interested in joining the beta group and testing a new version of the app with a fix?

Alex445

Post by Alex445 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Thad, I would be happy to be part of the beta group.

I had verified that it was NOT the APP itself, cause it exhibited the same behavior w my wife's phone (she had a previous version) when calling home ... I wrongly concluded it was the new App version, cause this problem manifested last week, which is when I upgraded the App ... Also checked the Ooma box (the original), rebooted it but that didn't seem to change anything either.

Thanks!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46 pm

version 5.4.1 is now available which fixes the inbound calling problem a number of customers have reported

Alex445

Post by Alex445 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Took a couple of days to see upgrade on iPhone (I know that's an Apple Apps "specialty") and the result is NEGATIVE: same problem as before.

Behavior: on App, it rings 1 time (w sound) on iPhone, then no more rings, so sound when calling home. Receiver of call, does NOT hear a thing, once the call is answered. This is for INBOUND calls ONY; I can call other mobile or lanlines without a problem.

OOMA APP version 5.4.1 seems 2 B improved however in that it rings with i incoming call on the landline; not all calls are registered, but at least some of them.

When is 5.4.2 be available w the INBOUND call fixed on the app?
TXS

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Alex445 wrote:improved however in that it rings with incoming call on the landline
You mean the app rings ok when receiving calls from a landline? But only rings once when receiving calls from ... ?

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:04 am

When is the Android version going to be fixed so it works with Android version 4.0?

Alex445

Post by Alex445 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Tom,

sorry for delay answering but didn't get an email reply from your end ...
Tom B wrote:
Alex445 wrote:improved however in that it rings with incoming call on the landline
You mean the app rings ok when receiving calls from a landline? But only rings once when receiving calls from ... ?
No 2 separate issues here:

Original problem:
I make call from iPhone on OOMA app to OOMA landline:
Calling END: select home landline, iphone starts ringing ONLY ONCE, then no ring, though app says it's ringing .... don't hear anybody picking up landline, nor any voice
Receiving END (on landline): phone rings normally a couple of times, receiver picks up phone, but no sound whatsoever ...

Second problem:
When OOMA landline rings, SOMETIMES I get the app to pickup the call (i.e. starts ringing) sometimes it doesn't, even though the caller is in my contact list, ergo in the Ooma app ...
In 5.4.1 I would not get ANY pickup of incoming call to the OOma landline ... at least now I get some ...

Hope this helps! Have a great weekend!

Alex

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:49 pm

There's a bug open for the first problem, i.e. using the iOS app to call the number you used to log into the app. The telo will ring but when someone answers you won't be able to hear each other. Workaround is to either disable Inbound Calling in Settings|Calling Mode or in the app access MyOoma and disable Ring App under Call Forwarding.